Unsensitive Timing For Bhangra Gig?

Its not really the first time there always some gig, on a gurpurbh, and its organised by people who know aswell, when it is, almost like people want to take advantage of the idea that parents in the gurdwara kids in the Clubs, Desilicious is on near or exactly on gurpurbhs the guys who run it are amritdhari Singhs.

Guest fordcapri

theres gigs on all year round, the people promtoing it are not likley to no bout blue star are they

Seems like a way to promote the event .. poster has even given the link to buy tickets ..

real cheap trick .. if the intention is to promote the event .. else pls ignore my comments

phone them up give some abuse

It is a shame as line up looks good. But people are right to highlight inappropriate timing.

Guest confusingh

They're idiots, these gigs are a platform for a breeding ground of converts and islamic conversion tactics, as well as being highly disrespectful to a GURPURB, also bluestar is really important for any moral human being Sikh or not the bhangra industry lacks morals and nowadays portrays a fake pisshead culture.

Ultimately this just shows the lack of unity within 'Sikhs' ... the fact of it is, as amritdharis we need to look at whats going wrong, I believe that we really should portray Sikhi as inclusive rather than exclusive, I'm sure all sangat has seen monay or non-amritdhari Sikhs wanting to get involved only to find that some gursikhs feel they need to put themselves on a moral highground and claim they are true and right and all others aren't... this isn't how it should be and by doing so all we do is alienate the non-Gursikh youth with our lack of education facilities and priorities on us becoming better Sikhs rather than helping others.. VAND SHAKO not just in terms wealth or material possessions but also spirituality and knowledge. Many of my non-amritdhari friends echo that they feel 'left out' or looked down on by people who have taken amrit... not saying this is only the case there are alot of idiots who think they're big fishes going to gigs and totally ignoring and dismissing Sikhi... but in some cases when exclusion has occured we do need to teach and respect.

We could also speak to promoters, record companies etc. in order to make them aware of the importance of this period to the Sikh nation, its hurtful to think that infront of our eyes Sikhi is fading away within the non-amritdhari sangat its our responsibility to show pyaar and satkar to these people in order to guide them to Gurmat otherwise we'll be left with a handful of extremist 'we're right everybody else is wrong' sort of people, and a majority of 'rude boy bredrin wagwan' sort of people, no middle ground and no platform for guidance and education... we need to do it now before its too late, Gurdwaras and community organisations are the key to educate.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Seems like a way to promote the event .. poster has even given the link to buy tickets ..

real cheap trick .. if the intention is to promote the event .. else pls ignore my comments

stop thinking and do something constructive, simran maybe