Dalvinder Singh – Sikh Remark

jii

Did anyone watch Brit Asia toady with Suki Bart and Dalvinder Singh; Dalvinder Singh had made a comment about other so called Sikhs (true Sikhs) who would question his work on certain song regarding the fact that he had a turban but a shaved beard with a line, to which Dalvinder singh stated that they were ‘silly people’??

Dalvinder went on to say that he was religious and that God is within him, and that Sikhi is not about preaching.

Are these ‘silly people’ not talking the truth that one should listen and understand about being a Sikh. Under the Sikh Code of Conduct hair is one of the 5 k’s which must be valued and not cut.

This is a very disturbing comment he has made regarding Sikhi. I believe he should apology for this.

Guest fordcapri
Did anyone watch Brit Asia toady with Suki Bart and Dalvinder Singh; Dalvinder Singh had made a comment about other so called Sikhs (true Sikhs) who would question his work on certain song regarding the fact that he had a turban but a shaved beard with a line, to which Dalvinder singh stated that they were ‘silly people’??

Dalvinder went on to say that he was religious and that God is within him, and that Sikhi is not about preaching.

Are these ‘silly people’ not talking the truth that one should listen and understand about being a Sikh. Under the Sikh Code of Conduct hair is one of the 5 k’s which must be valued and not cut.

This is a very disturbing comment he has made regarding Sikhi. I believe he should apology for this.

...and what was you doing watching Brit Asia ??

not very Sikhi programme that is it with Sukhi Bart.

quote]

...and what was you doing watching Brit Asia ??

not very Sikhi programme that is it with Sukhi Bart.

First, is it morally wrong to watch brit asia? The News is not a sikhi programme and neither other channels like cooking shows, so whats wrong with watching them. It has nothing to do whether it is about whether you are a good sikh or not.

Of all the things you could have commented about, the above is very ignorant.

Second, I was not watching it, a family member was watching it; it was an interview programme with Sukhi Bart and Dalvinder Singh.

Guest fordcapri

Some elements Panjbai culture is one the biggist threats to Sikh, cooking and news programmes are not.

I have large panjabi music collection. Im a big Manak fan, i wont hide it.

Brit Asia shows alot dirty videos.

D Singh has his view he gave he ddint say anting offensive, his not avery educated Sikh. maybe he could have used better words.

Some elements Panjbai culture is one the biggist threats to Sikh, cooking and news programmes are not.

I have large panjabi music collection. Im a big Manak fan, i wont hide it.

Brit Asia shows alot dirty videos.

D Singh has his view he gave he ddint say anting offensive, his not avery educated Sikh. maybe he could have used better words.

I respect your views.

Dalvinder Singh may not be very educated and I cannot blame his lack of understanding, but to call those that commit about his beard not being right as 'silly people', does appear offensive. We all know his image is not one of a true sikh, so why try to argue it is. I believe he should simply accept the fact that it is not.

Many people nowerdays try to make Sikhi adjust to them, but do not adjust themselves to Sikhi.