Sikhi Camp At Ramgaria Dabar Gillingham, Kent!

Nice to see events happening in Kent area.

I will try and attend with my kids. :)

"Ramgaria" & "Sikh" Camp is an OXYMORON.

You cannot teach Guru ki Mat under an umbrella of a caste or sect.!!

thats why it doesnt say Ramgarhia on the poster....even I don't agree with the concept of 'caste' Gurdwara, I applaud the effort by the sewadars to do Sikhi Parchaar there...Maharaj Kirpa, I will try and attend the camp...

Bhaenjee - these caste-based gurdwaras were established due to mistakes of our elders in believing in caste when they came from India/Africa.

However, if active Gurmat Parchaar is carried out in these Gurdwaras, with Guru's Kirpaa, these things can change. All depends on the circumstances in the local area.

Traditionally, my local Gurdwara had caste-based biases, but then a group of GurSikhs got together and started doing Sevaa collectively. When the time came that certain people tried to enforce caste views, because of the active Parchaar of the GurSikhs, the Sangat came to realise that caste was bad and anti-Gurmat. The Sangat collectively came to the conclusion that caste should not be a factor in the running and Parbandh of the Gurdwara, and slowly the caste-based prejudices are breaking down.

Sometimes, it's better to engage and face the issues head-on and bring change, rather than disassociating completely with the institution.

Good luck with the camp!

Waheguroo

• 4 weeks later...