Sikh Leaders? - S S Mann, Badal N Co

indyd

We dont have the same leaders anymore, the people we should look up to are going down a road a true Sikh can not follow, Mann bowing to a fake baba (would sant ji of ever done that?) Badal and his son bowing to that <banned word filter activated> Ram Raheem. Its gone so bad that BADAL can not even sit on the floor in the presence of Guru Maharaj (he sits on a chair) yet he sits on the floor during talks with the ravidaasis, what is going on in the world??? Where are the leaders of the past!!!!!??????

rather than complaining you have no one to look up to, why dont you become a leader? live a life based on sikhi, learn and study hard and complete your education, train with weapons (firearms and contact types), practice a martial art that suits you and keep athletic (running, rowing) etc etc. leaders arent going to fall out of the sky - they need to be raised. if you dont have a good leader then there is only one solutions isnt there?

rather than complaining you have no one to look up to, why dont you become a leader? live a life based on sikhi, learn and study hard and complete your education, train with weapons (firearms and contact types), practice a martial art that suits you and keep athletic (running, rowing) etc etc. leaders arent going to fall out of the sky - they need to be raised. if you dont have a good leader then there is only one solutions isnt there?

Cannot agree more. And if you haven't got it in you to be a leader. help the panth, Our future is not looking very good, small accomplishments are being made but more is needed in the way of education. There is a need of more Sikh teachers. We have the institutes set up we are not utilising them.

All Gurdwara sahib up and down the country need to be united. Each Area of the country should have a area of responsibility where they can act as a main body just like the East Midlands Council of Gurdwaras. I think its about time London followed suit and created a London Council of Gurdwaras so we can hold big events bringing the sangat together. But sangat ji are we prepared to take such a step. Once we unite our gurdwara sahibs unite so can we.

Can you imagine the possibilties with having such a organisation. With it's structure a leader can then be put in place and advancements can be made.

of course your right tejvir, but lets face it the gurudwara committees wont do it. some are run by hindustanilovers, others are just there for the money or other dubious reasons. if we set up english missionary colleges and a british gurudwara committee, who would run it? some people would kill for the power/money. other amritdharis would do a half assed job. and if it wasnt done properly it would just alienate the moneh and keshdaris even more. and lets face it they are the ones who do better at school, life and fighting the enemies of sikhi. i hope any future leaders read this and realise that a united panth is a lot more useful than spartanising our faith.

Bhaaji I agree there are difficulties.

But this is one of the obstecles much easier to over come. If we can't even do this, how can even consider a Sikh homeland.

We have have Sikh schools in the UK and many other good institutes in India, look at Miri Piri academy and Baru Sahib Academy. The Sikh Schools in the UK need support and teachers who can teach leadership to the Childeren. We have plenty resources so many Sikh Organisations, We even have people who are amazing examples for the children, to which they do not get exposure to. The key is for each school and organisation to liase with one another to get the task achieved.

I rememeber going to my Sikh School and to tell you the truth we didnt get much exposure to inspirational people. the only person I can remember was the wrestler Tiger jeet Singh not the most inspirational but the same could be done today.

Even though the School faced problems like many do, It allowed me to have a basic understanding of Sikhi, which many kids are falling away from. How cool would it be to see monty panesar at your school handing you a prize for sports day, and re-inforcing the importance of kesh. same could be said for Fauja Singh or the flying Sikh Milkha Singh.

Also all the Sikh camps that are held during the summer. I wish someone would have come to the Sikh schools and promoted it so I could have bugged my mum and dad to take me.

Its got to be a overall Sikh involvement. We have people teaching Saanthia this could be help in the Sikh Schools. And also after school clubs promoting Gatka. Even teaching them about past leaders as Maharaja Ranjit Singh, Banda Singh Bahadur.

By doing this we won't be segregating thei moneh but inspiring them and hopefully educating them in the best way possible. We have the beautiful Shiny gurdwareh, we need to unite them just like ECMG and show them the benefits long term rather than short term, and only then can we train future strong leaders.

all good ideas. but we need to tell the youth that gurbani is of central importance in our lives. that means other things we learn are important 'satellites' to our mind and go hand in hand with our guru's teachings. unfortunately for some people in the panth they think bani is the only thing we should learn in our lives and they end up becoming the sikh versions of those christian/muslim/jewish fundamentalists.

Fateh

Brother i do, do martial arts (mma and ninjutsu) and archery, i have also learned how to ride a horse. I also know how to handle, use, clean, modify and repair different weapons, from nifes to guns, but a good sikh leader needs not these but Sikhi, only a leader who has pure dvout knowlege of sikhi can lead the panth, not someone like me, i have worldly knowlege, not so much sikhi knowlege.

Mann bowing to a fake baba

which baba ?

are u talking about simranjit singh maan ?

Yes, Simranjit Singh Mann is bowing to a fake baba, Sahoreh wala