Afterlife

Guest _Sarbjeet_

i'm sorry to hear about ur loss. i can understand ur confusion. i know exactly how you feel.

i think about this same question all the time! its so frustrating, we're only told what happens after death but we can't know for sure. i mean thats where faith comes in but still..as a human being you can't help but wonder. its easier to believe things when you actaully see it in front of your own eyes but, in this case, obviously you can't really do that. you can't die, see what happens, and then come back to life. plus, there's so many different beliefs. like in Sikhi, i don't know that much about it, but i do know that theres the different levels of.. i cant think of the word for it..but thers like sach khand, gyan khand, etc etc. and then theres the 8.4 million cycle..and im not sure about hell. some say we're currently living in hell? sounds possible. i dont know. and yeah the jam dhoot..that really freaks me out sometimes.

but at the end of the day, we should just try to be the best we can be. don't do bad, don't hurt another soul. try not to think negative about things. keep a clean, positive mind. and of course, follow Sikhi as much as you can. try to get Amrit but i know alot of ppl are struggling with that and are not strong enough. its okay though, just keep trying and ask for Guru Ji's guidance and one day, you might be blessed with it.

anyways, thats just my opinion. forgive me for any offensive/wrong comments i might have made.

wjkk wjkf

• 4 weeks later...

can anyone list the different places that you can end up in after death and the differences between them like the difference between sachkhand and heaven. i know about sachkhand but never knew that there was an inferior heaven to it.

can anyone list the different places that you can end up in after death and the differences between them like the difference between sachkhand and heaven. i know about sachkhand but never knew that there was an inferior heaven to it.

swDsMgiq sc KMfu gurmuiK jweIAY]

saadhhasa(n)gath sach kha(n)dd guramukh jaaeeai||

Holy Congregation is the abode of Truth where Gurmukhs go to reside.

scu nwau blvMfu gurmuiK iDAweIAY]

sach naao balava(n)dd guramukh dhhiaaeeai||

Gurmukhs adore the grand and powerful True name (of the Lord).

The heaven inferior to Sach Khand are the heavens explained by the Vedas, Holy Quaran, and Holy Bible. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji only talks about Naam, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji has that power because Guru Sahib resides in Sach Khand. While the teachings/saying of the other scriptures can only take a follower to certain abodes which are tempoary and somewhat false compared to the abode of Sach Khand.. These heavens are false abodes because Naam is not being worshipped here in such places ultimate peace can never take place.. While the abode of Truth ( Sach Khand) is eternally blissful beacause Naam is being worshipped there.

There can be no physical description of Sach Khand as Gurbani says those who try to explain well repent. Gurbani does mention that Sach Khand is a place of no worries, fear, and it is the abode of bliss. In this place death does not take place and the True Sadh Sangat ( Bhagata) reside. It is in this Sangat were pain or death cannot apporach the devotee. They are true Sadh Sangat because there only desire is for Naam, while those who went to the other realms went through their deeds their desire. When reaching Dharam Rai they were rewarded with a temporary heaven, but their sense of Birth, Death, attachment and suffering are not completely elimanted in these heavens. Without the company of the True Sadh Sangat ( Bhagata) one can never be free from BIRTH/DEATH, and suffering because In Sadh Sangat only naam resides. Those people who reside in the temporary heavens were caught up in the Punn Paap philosophy and their abhyiaas of Naam in this life was minimal their sangat in this heaven have the same mentality.One can only wonder what these individuals do in this place? While those residing in Sach Khand made Naam their life occupation. Their sole desire is to praise and worship Gods Name all day and night. When reaching Sach Khand they meet devotees of the same mentality .Bhagats like Bhagat Kabir Ji, Bhagat Ravidas Ji, Baba Attar Singh Ji, Baba Nand Singh JI, Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji Baba Isher Singh Ji, etc reside in this place beacuse Naam was their sole occupation.

When we do not base our life on Naam then we get caught up in TriGun/Maya. This is why those who went to the falser heavens becasue they did not have the Naam Kamayee to reach the true abode. By saying false heaven I mean no disrespect to the Christians, Muslims or Jews. But I believe without Naam all is false. Ones destiny depends on their desires and actions. If one desires a heaven that is based on rewards then thats what they will get, but such a place is not permanent. When one has the hope of heaven then internal contemplation of internal God does not take place. Thus the sense of Tuhi Tuhi does not take place and the sense of mine mine is not destroyed. Only Naam can destory the sense of Mine. In sach khand there is no sense of mine.

I have no authority to say what is a inferior or superior heaven. I only based the following on my own research of Gurbani. The following Shabad shaped my beliefs of what Sach Khand is and how this abode of Truth is compleltey differnt/distinct then heavens preached by other faiths.

sUhI mhlw 5 ]

soohee mehalaa 5 ||

Soohee, Fifth Mehla:

isimRiq byd purwx pukwrin poQIAw ]

simrith baedh puraan pukaaran pothheeaa ||

Those subscrbing to the Simritees, the Vedas, the Puraanas speak and debate from their holy books

nwm ibnw siB kUVu gwl@I hoCIAw ]1]

naam binaa sabh koorr gaalhee hoshheeaa ||1||

but without the Naam, everything is false and worthless. ||1||

nwmu inDwnu Apwru Bgqw min vsY ]

naam nidhhaan apaar bhagathaa man vasai ||

The infinite treasure of the Naam abides within the minds of the devotees.

jnm mrx mohu duKu swDU sMig nsY ]1] rhwau ]

janam maran mohu dhukh saadhhoo sa(n)g nasai ||1|| rehaao ||

Birth and death, attachment and suffering, are erased in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. ||1||Pause||

moih bwid AhMkwir srpr ruMinAw ]

mohi baadh aha(n)kaar sarapar ru(n)niaa ||

Those who indulge in attachment, conflict and egotism shall surely weep and cry.

suKu n pwiein@ mUil nwm ivCuMinAw ]2]

sukh n paaeinih mool naam vishhu(n)niaa ||2||

Those who are separated from the Naam shall never find any peace. ||2||

myrI myrI Dwir bMDin bMiDAw ]

maeree maeree dhhaar ba(n)dhhan ba(n)dhhiaa ||

Crying out, Mine! Mine!, he is bound in bondage.

nrik surig Avqwr mwieAw DMiDAw ]3]

narak surag avathaar maaeiaa dhha(n)dhhiaa ||3||

Entangled in Maya, he is reincarnated in heaven and hell. ||3||

soDq soDq soiD qqu bIcwirAw ]

sodhhath sodhhath sodhh thath beechaariaa ||

Searching, searching, searching, I have come to understand the essence of reality.

nwm ibnw suKu nwih srpr hwirAw ]4]

naam binaa sukh naahi sarapar haariaa ||4||

Without the Naam, there is no peace at all, and the mortal will surely fail. ||4||

Awvih jwih Anyk mir mir jnmqy ]

aavehi jaahi anaek mar mar janamathae ||

Many come and go; they die, and die again, and are reincarnated.

ibnu bUJy sBu vwid jonI Brmqy ]5]

bin boojhae sabh vaadh jonee bharamathae ||5||

Without understanding, they are totally useless, and they wander in reincarnation. ||5||

ijn@ kau Bey dieAwl iqn@ swDU sMgu BieAw ]

jinh ko bheae dhaeiaal thinh saadhhoo sa(n)g bhaeiaa ||

They alone join the Saadh Sangat, unto whom the Lord becomes Merciful.

AMimRqu hir kw nwmu iqn@I jnI jip lieAw ]6]

a(n)mrith har kaa naam thinhee janee jap laeiaa ||6||

They chant and meditate on the Ambrosial Name of the Lord. ||6||

Kojih koit AsMK bhuqu Anµq ky ]

khojehi kott asa(n)kh bahuth ana(n)th kae ||

Uncounted millions, so many they are endless, search for Him.

ijsu buJwey Awip nyVw iqsu hy ]7]

jis bujhaaeae aap naerraa this hae ||7||

But only that one, who understands his own self, sees God near at hand. ||7||

ivsru nwhI dwqwr Awpxw nwmu dyhu ]

visar naahee dhaathaar aapanaa naam dhaehu ||

Never forget me, O Great Giver - please bless me with Your Naam.

gux gwvw idnu rwiq nwnk cwau eyhu ]8]2]5]16]

gun gaavaa dhin raath naanak chaao eaehu ||8||2||5||16||

To sing Your Glorious Praises day and night - O Nanak, this is my heart-felt desire. ||8||2||5||16||

satpunga singh ji, pls give the source of this, ive also heard this that ppl say guru sahib will pull his gursikh out of narak by the kes.

Ooohhhhh exciting!

Long hair huh! How can you grow hair? I mean list some good shampoos and all that. If I land in this unwanted place guru sahib will pull me out too from my lonnnnngg hair. I mean thats the only reason to have long hair so guru sahib can pull on them. So Shampoos? Dahin works? :umm:

My brother no where in satpunga veer jis post did he say 'long hair' he said 'kes' uncut hair no matter what the length because some amritdharis have uncut hair but it nots long because of complications with their molecular structure in the hair, it makes sense if Guru Gobind Singh Said:

Ehe mor agia suno he pyare,-Listen my beloved

Bina teg kes divo na didaro.-Without uncut hair and weapons do not come forth to me.

Guru Gobind Singh

Humble benti is to think before mocking someone :) And Satpunga ji do you have the pangti please.