Gurbani is the answer to everything

Guest mehtab

How to Attain Yoga... A beautiful Shabad...

Yoga (A Hindu theistic philosophy; union of self and the Supreme Being is sought through a state of complete awareness and tranquillity attained by certain physical exercises)

Guru Says :: Yoga is not attained by putting on a patched coat, Yoga is not attained with a walking stick in hand. Yoga is not smearing the body with ashes and wandering about aimlessly. Yoga is not wearing the ear-rings, and not the shaven heads. Yoga is not the blowing of the horns (Yogies/Saints blow loud horns as if to awake the Almighty from sleep.). Remaining unblemished in the midst of the filth of the world - this is the way to attain Yoga. ||1||

By mere words, Yoga is not attained. One who looks upon all with a single eye, and knows them to be one and the same - he alone is known as a Yogi. ||1||Pause|| Yoga is not wandering to the tombs of the dead; Yoga is not sitting in trances. Yoga is not wandering through foreign lands; Yoga is not bathing at sacred shrines of pilgrimage. Remaining unblemished in the midst of the filth of the world - this is the way to attain Yoga. ||2||

Meeting with the True Guru, doubt is dispelled, and the wandering mind is restrained. Nectar rains down, celestial music resounds, and deep within, wisdom is obtained. Remaining unblemished in the midst of the filth of the world - this is the way to attain Yoga. ||3||

O Nanak, remain dead while yet alive (means:: live life and face the world with strength but even then do not get attached to worldly things) - practice such a Yoga. When the horn (mentioned in f

irst stanza) is blown in our heart and mind without being manually blown, then you shall attain the state of fearless dignity. Remaining unblemished in the midst of the filth of the world - this is the way to attain Yoga. ||4||1||8||

Page 730 SGGS Ji

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SAVE ME !!!!!

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Basant on Pannaa 1185

Basant, Fifth Mehl, Hindol:

You alone know Your Creative Power, O Lord; no one else knows it.

He alone realizes You, O my Beloved, unto whom You show Your Mercy. ||1||

I am a sacrifice to Your devotees.

Your place is eternally beautiful, God; Your wonders are infinite. ||1||Pause||

Only You Yourself can perform Your service. No one else can do it.

He alone is Your devotee, who is pleasing to You. You bless them with Your Love. ||2||

You are the Great Giver; You are so very Wise. There is no other like You.

You are my All-powerful Lord and Master; I do not know how to worship You. ||3||

Your Mansion is imperceptible, O my Beloved; it is so difficult to accept Your Will.

Says Nanak, I have collapsed at Your Door, Lord. I am foolish and ignorant - please save me! ||4||2||20||

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Dhanaasree on Pannaa 675

Raag Dhanaasaree, Fifth Mehl:

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

O God, please save me!

By myself, I cannot do anything, O my Lord and Master; by Your Grace, please bless me with Your Name. ||1||Pause||

Family and worldly affairs are an ocean of fire.

Through doubt, emotional attachment and ignorance, we are enveloped in darkness. ||1|

124;

High and low, pleasure and pain.

Hunger and thirst are not satisfied. ||2||

The mind is engrossed in passion, and the disease of corruption.

The five thieves, the companions, are totally incorrigible. ||3||

The beings and souls and wealth of the world are all Yours.

O Nanak, know that the Lord is always near at hand. ||4||1||19||

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Dhanaasree on Pannaa 673

Dhanaasaree, Fifth Mehl:

You are the Giver, O Lord, O Cherisher, my Master, my Husband Lord.

Each and every moment, You cherish and nurture me; I am Your child, and I rely upon You alone. ||1||

I have only one tongue - which of Your Glorious Virtues can I describe?

Unlimited, infinite Lord and Master - no one knows Your limits. ||1||Pause||

You destroy millions of my sins, and teach me in so many ways.

I am so ignorant - I understand nothing at all. Please honor Your innate nature, and save me! ||2||

I seek Your Sanctuary - You are my only hope. You are my companion, and my best friend.

Save me, O Merciful Saviour Lord; Nanak is the slave of Your home. ||3||12||

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Jaithsree on Pannaa 704

Chhant:

Save me, any way You can; O Lord God, I am Yours.

My demerits are uncountable; how many of them should I count?

The sins and crimes I committed are countless; day by day, I continually make mistakes.

I am intoxicated by emotional attachment to Maya, the treacherous one; by Your Grace alone can I be saved.

Secretly, I commit hideous sins of corruption, even though God is the nearest of the near.

Prays Nanak, shower me with Your Mercy, Lord, and lift me up, out of the whirlpool of the terrifying world-ocean. ||1||

• 3 weeks later...

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 178

gauVI guAwryrI mhlw 5 ]

gourree guaaraeree mehalaa 5 ||

Gauree Gwaarayree, Fifth Mehl:

Aink jqn nhI hoq Cutwrw ]

anik jathan nehee hoth shhuttaaraa ||

By all sorts of efforts, people do not find salvation.

bhuqu isAwxp Awgl Bwrw ]

bahuth siaanap aagal bhaaraa ||

Through clever tricks, the weight is only piled on more and more.

hir kI syvw inrml hyq ]

har kee saevaa niramal haeth ||

Serving the Lord with a pure heart,

[font=GurbaniWebThick'

>

mn myry ghu hir nwm kw Elw ]

man maerae gahu har naam kaa oulaa ||

O my mind, hold tight to the Support of the Lord's Name.

quJY n lwgY qwqw Jolw ]1] rhwau ]

thujhai n laagai thaathaa jholaa ||1|| rehaao ||

The hot winds shall never even touch you. ||1||Pause||

ijau boihQu BY swgr mwih ]

jio bohithh bhai saagar maahi ||

Like a boat in the ocean of fear;

AMDkwr dIpk dIpwih ]

a(n)dhhakaar dheepak dheepaahi ||

like a lamp which illumines the darkness;

Agin sIq kw lwhis dUK ]

agan seeth kaa laahas dhookh ||

span>

like fire which takes away the pain of cold

nwmu jpq min hovq sUK ]2]

naam japath man hovath sookh ||2||

- just so, chanting the Name, the mind becomes peaceful. ||2||

auqir jwie qyry mn kI ipAws ]

outhar jaae thaerae man kee piaas ||

The thirst of your mind shall be quenched,

pUrn hovY sglI Aws ]

pooran hovai sagalee aas ||

and all hopes shall be fulfilled.

folY nwhI qumrw cIqu ]

ddolai naahee thumaraa cheeth ||

Your consciousness shall not waver.

AMimRq nwmu jip gurmuiK mIq ]3]

a(n)mrith naam jap guramukh meeth ||3||

Meditate on the Ambrosial Naam as Gurmukh, O my friend. ||3||

n

wmu AauKDu soeI jnu pwvY ]

naam aoukhadhh soee jan paavai ||

He alone receives the panacea, the medicine of the Naam,

kir ikrpw ijsu Awip idvwvY ]

kar kirapaa jis aap dhivaavai ||

unto whom the Lord, in His Grace, bestows it.

hir hir nwmu jw kY ihrdY vsY ]

har har naam jaa kai hiradhai vasai ||

One whose heart is filled with the Name of the Lord, Har, Har

dUKu drdu iqh nwnk nsY ]4]10]79]

dhookh dharadh thih naanak nasai ||4||10||79||

- O Nanak, his pains and sorrows are eliminated. ||4||10||79||

Innocent Love ^_^

rwgu soriT ]

raag sorat(h) ||

Raag Sorat'h:

BUKy Bgiq n kIjY ]

bhookhae bhagath n keejai ||

I am so hungry, I cannot perform devotional worship service.

Xh mwlw ApnI lIjY ]

yeh maalaa apanee leejai ||

Here, Lord, take back Your mala.

hau mWgau sMqn rynw ]

ho maa(n)go sa(n)than raenaa ||

I beg for the dust of the feet of the Saints.<

br>

mY nwhI iksI kw dynw ]1]

mai naahee kisee kaa dhaenaa ||1||

I do not owe anyone anything. ||1||

mwDo kYsI bnY qum sMgy ]

maadhho kaisee banai thum sa(n)gae ||

O Lord, how can I be with You?

Awip n dyhu q lyvau mMgy ] rhwau ]

aap n dhaehu th laevo ma(n)gae || rehaao ||

If You do not give me Yourself, then I shall beg until I get You. ||Pause||

duie syr mWgau cUnw ]

dhue saer maa(n)go choonaa ||

I ask for two kilos of flour,

pwau GIau sMig lUnw ]

paao gheeo sa(n)g loonaa ||

and half a pound of ghee, and salt.

AD syru mWgau dwly ]

adhh saer maa(n)go dhaalae ||

an style='color:080088'>I ask for a pound of beans,

mo kau donau vKq ijvwly ]2]

mo ko dhono vakhath jivaalae ||2||

which I shall eat twice a day. ||2||

Kwt mWgau caupweI ]

khaatt maa(n)go choupaaee ||

I ask for a cot, with four legs,

isrhwnw Avr qulweI ]

sirehaanaa avar thulaaee ||

and a pillow and mattress.

aUpr kau mWgau KINDw ]

oopar ko maa(n)go khee(n)adhhaa ||

I ask for a quit to cover myself.

qyrI Bgiq krY jnu QNØIDw ]3]

thaeree bhagath karai jan thha(n)aeedhhaa ||3||

Your humble servant shall perform Your devotional worship service with love. ||3||

mY nwhI kIqw lbo ]

[color=

080088]mai naahee keethaa labo ||[/color]

I have no greed;

ieku nwau qyrw mY Pbo ][/color]

eik naao thaeraa mai fabo ||

Your Name is the only ornament I wish for.

kih kbIr mnu mwinAw ]

kehi kabeer man maaniaa ||

Says Kabeer, my mind is pleased and appeased;

mnu mwinAw qau hir jwinAw ]4]11]

man maaniaa tho har jaaniaa ||4||11||

now that my mind is pleased and appeased, I have come to know the Lord. ||4||11||

• 2 years later...

Vaaheguroo! Those were the days! I am gonna bump up my old posts, as I feel back then I had more of the Sikhi content in me. All I am left with today is kaam, krodh and hankaar, probably even moh and lobh but the 1st 3 are strong enough to make me not feel the other 2. Hope everyone enjoys these, and gets a feeling as to what a wonderful place Sikhsangat was 3-4 years ago.

Vaaheguroo! Those were the days! I am gonna bump up my old posts, as I feel back then I had more of the Sikhi content in me. All I am left with today is kaam, krodh and hankaar, probably even moh and lobh but the 1st 3 are strong enough to make me not feel the other 2. Hope everyone enjoys these, and gets a feeling as to what a wonderful place Sikhsangat was 3-4 years ago.

You're two members on this forum. blink.gif