Married thrice for perverted pleasures

Guest mehtab

Guest mehtab

http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.ppa?...erted~pleasures

Married thrice for perverted pleasures

Aman Sharma

Chandigarh, May 7: Indian/Foreigner match for Arora Sikh doctor MBBS, 40 years, 5’10’’, divorcee, issueless.

THE matrimonial advertisement caught the attention of the parents of a 37-year-old woman working as an administrative officer in the Sector 17 Life Insurance Corporation office last September. The woman, a divorcee, married Dr Gurbax Singh on December 7. Then began the nightmare — demands for unnatural se*ual acts, pressure from Singh to become nominee in her policies and bank accounts, and then the realisation that Singh was 13 years older than the age he had shown. Singh is now behind bars.

Twice married — perhaps, thrice — Singh had a lust for money and unnatural se*ual acts, says DSP P K Dhawan of the Woman and Child Support Unit (WCSU). ‘‘Even while the case was being investigated, case, Singh placed two more matrimonial advertisements, on March 27 and April 17. This time, he gave his age as 45,’’ DSP Dhawan says.

Singh’s brother had placed the first advertisement, states the woman in her complaint. ‘‘My father responded and Singh sent his bio-data saying he lived in Saharanpur where he had a clinic and owned a house with his brother. My parents then visited their house. He too came to our house in Phase 3A, Mohali,’’ sates the complaint.

On December 7, the marriage was solemnised at the sector 38 gurdwa

ra.

‘‘My father asked for his birth certificate to get the marriage registered, but he kept dilly-dallying. Then he gave a forged self-attested high school certificate which showed his age as 40,’’ the woman states.

She says she soon realised that Singh did not have a clinic. Then began demands for a car and a house, she alleges. ‘‘He subjected me to inhuman se*ual acts and on my refusal, tried to strangulate me twice. He also wanted me to put all my valuables in a joint locker and make him a joint nominee in my LIC policy, besides demanding my salary,’’ the complaint says. The police have lodged a case on charges of forgery, criminal intimidation and cheating. Singh was arrested yesterday. CJM C L Mohal has remanded him in police custody till May 8.

‘I married for money’

GURBAX Singh earlier worked as a registered doctor with the Punjab government, but his services were terminated. He then immigrated to England to marry an NRI, but later got divorced. ‘‘Our temperament did not match. This time, I married just for money,’’ he admits. The forged high school certificate (dated 1977) puts Singh’s date of birth as April 8, 1963. Both these dates were written in English on the certificate which was in Hindi. When the victim checked with his school, Singh’s date of birth turned out to be April 8, 1950.