Rituals & Ceremonies in Sikhism

Most gracious thanks to all above for their replies and I'll answer them all, just need to say the quickest prayer I know off by heart with a smile ! Help Them Lord......! :umm:

So in answer to your question, I don't think Waheguru is impressed AT ALL with such rituals (something that is done simply because it has been done in the past).
Dont let anyone cloud your sense(s)....you are on the right track bud ! :D
So you are now above the Guru's Rehat Maryada, Guru's Amrit, Sewa to the Guru and even giving money to Guru Sahib's Panth (which is a requirement under the Rehat Maryada under Daswand as well).

Again, Kala Afgana or fake Sant-chela?

Again, 'you have deliberately tried to put words into my mouth' by saying something I never said myself in any part of my post. I am neither higher or lower than all that you hav

e mentioned in your quote. If you and all those who follow that want to 'fit in a box' like nice couchy pets, than that be your choice, I prefer running around in the jungle 'free' ! :(

Masti i believe you are from the clan [my assumption]that talks about direct connection to God without rituals. Very good! Try seeking for that one....direct connection without rituals..that is just great. And also tell us how you do that?

There's always one who *****.........! Cant say more YET... :wub:

Kh?ls?, Your quote is quite large so I'll sum it up and say in a few words, you need to consider this very seriously indeed :

What you are practising is idolisation of The Guru Granth Sahib, the very thing It forbids you to do....! You cannot 'see' what you are caught in, but have to learn to trust the fisherman who has caught you. Learn the contents of The Book and never idolise The Book that contains Divine Scripture, for that only brings More Darkness. And everything else you have stated brings one only more and more pride and ego, which will end up where, in Dust at your Death ! :D

Take this pill first before you to bed every night with water:

Guru Granth Sahib, Page 436

Divine intellect is not gained by doing recitations of the prayers, the reading of scripture or great cleverness, love and affection for The Lord you get by your mind’s will !

Then take this one after an hour:

Guru Granth Sahib,  Page 24

You may observe the thirty fasts, and say the five prayers each day, but 'Satan' can undo them.

If anyone else needs to right anymore, please dont copy any of that which has already been written above, I'll have issue these 'divine pills' on prescription then, as they take Time not money to make !

:D

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you are practising is idolisation of The Guru Granth Sahib, the very thing It forbids you to do....! You cannot 'see' what you are caught in, but have to learn to trust the fisherman who has caught you. Learn the contents of The Book and never idolise The Book that contains Divine Scripture, for that only brings More Darkness. And everything else you have stated brings one only more and more pride and ego, which will end up where, in Dust at your Death !

Take this pill first before you to bed every night with water:

Guru Granth Sahib, Page 436

Divine intellect is not gained by doing recitations of the prayers, the reading of scripture or great cleverness, love and affection for The Lord you get by your mind’s will !

Then take this one after an hour:

Guru Granth Sahib,  Page 24

You may observe the thirty fasts, and say the five prayers each day, but 'Satan' can undo them.

There's always one who *****.........! Cant say more YET...

mehhhhh..you didn't give a solid answer, or provide a valid arguement, when you couldn't prove the validity of your post, you attack others.

You

39;re changing the topic, this happens often, when you can't counter someone's arguement, that's why I don't usually involve myself in arguements/discussions. Your affiliations are not in accordance with gurmat, and the khalsa panth, plain and simple. You follow your own way, might be "kala afghana" or another group that has been banished from sikhi, because of their fundamental views. You disregard the actual teachings of the Gurus, and what the Sants/Mahapurkhs say, who've actually got to that stage of spirituality, and had darshan of Guru Nanak Dev ji maharaj, how they respect Guru Granth Sahib, we should follow them by example, by setting your own standars, and theories, you are bound to suffer.

Eie hwjru imTw boldy bwhir ivsu kFih muiK Goly ]

oue haajar mit(h)aa boladhae baahar vis kadtehi mukh gholae ||

In His Sublime Presence, they talk sweetly, but behind His back, they exude poison from their mouths.

Yet again, no answer to my post? Just what I thought. rolleyes.gif

Okay......let's try this, I give up, U All Win ! :D

Now, that you have won, convince me that those rituals I stated, are necessary for me gain the Love or Grace of The Eternal Lord. By telling me:

Your affiliations are not in accordance with gurmat, and the khalsa panth, plain and simple.
How do I get these under my belt then ?
You follow your own way, might be "kala afghana" or another group that has been banished from sikhi, because of their fundamental views. You disregard the actual teachings of the Gurus, and what the Sants/Mahapurkhs say, who've actually got to that stage of spirituality, and had darshan of Guru Nanak Dev ji maharaj, how they respect Guru Granth Sahib, we should follow them by example, by setting your own standars, and theories, you are bound to suffer.

In His Sublime Presence, they talk sweetly, but behind His back, they exude poison from their mouths.

Yet again, no answer to my post? Just what I thought.

Dont know what all this is about, so h

ow do I get regard for Guru's teachings, show respect and follow by example ? :umm:

Guest SikhForLife

masti see the problem is.. u should do what u feel lke doing without making others follow you.. dont try to prove yourself right.. as its just fueling your ego.

masti see the problem is.. u should do what u feel lke doing without making others follow you.. dont try to prove yourself right.. as its just fueling your ego.

I thought ego only happens to people who 'win' all the time....I'm a loser, I've declared that ! :umm:

Guest SikhForLife

only with your ego do you feel that someone is out there to make you lose..

only with your ego do you feel whether u have lost or won.

only with your ego do you feel that someone is out there to make you lose..

only with your ego do you feel whether u have lost or won.

I guess from your answer then, that the only one who doesn't have any ego between you and I here, at this moment in time is you, yes ! :umm:

Guest mehtab

Masti

More than 70 posts in 2 days! Much more than 70 smiles! Not a single word learnt by any side! Waste of bandwidth! And your point and purpose still remains a mystery!

Masti

More than 70 posts in 2 days! Much more than 70 smiles! Not a single word learnt by any side! Waste of bandwidth! And your point and purpose still remains a mystery!

Is that a record for the Forum :umm:

Give Time a chance, for losers to become winners, Time is of the essence ! :D