Bhagat Kabeer Ji's Writings

Papi

This is a doha by Kabeer Jee, Guru Sahib has not included it in Gurbani, that's the reason I did not post it in Gurbani section. I only heard it, and wrote it down myself so there must be lost of mistakes.

bIq gey idn Bjn ibnw ry

Days have gone by, without praising God

bwl ibvsQw Kyl gvweI

Childhood is lost to playful deeds

jb jobn qb mwn Gnw ry

When youth comes, intense ego also comes with it

lwly kwrn mUl gvwiea

lwly can be translated as 'slave'. So here bhagat jee is saying that due to 'slave' of God, i.e. Maya, you have lost the real thing, the root, i.e. God

AjhUM nw geI mn kI iqRsnw ry

But even then, your thirst has gone quenched

khq kbIr sunhu BeI swDo

Says Kabeer, listen oh humanity

pwr auqr gey sMq jnw ry

Saints have gone across (the world ocean)

You can hear the above sung beautifully by Jagjit Singh:

A few more, again I wrote them after hearing.

duK mih ismrn sB krY suK mih kry nw koie

Everyone remembers God in dukh, no one does it in sukh

jo suK mih ismrn krY duK kwhy ko hoey

One who remembers during sukh, why should dukh even come to them

AYsI bwxI boylIeY mn kw vwpw Koie

Speak such words [but first] loose the ego/negativity of the mind

AOroN ko sIql krY Awpo sIql hoey

[such words will] cool/satisfy others and your own mind will have the same effect

bVw huAw qo ikAw hUAw jYsy pyV KjUr

So what if you have gotten big as a khajoor (not sure what its called in English) tree

pMCI ko CwieAw nhI Pl lwgy AqI dUr

It does not give shadow to bird [traveller], it's fruit is too high to benefit anyone

[referring to ego here]

duRlB mwns jnm hY hoey nw dUjI bwr

Human birth is very precious, it does not happen a second time

pkw Pl jo igr pVw lgy nw dUjI bwr

just like once a piece of fruit falls off the tree, it does not attach back to the tree again

mWgn mrn smwn hy mq mWgo koeI BIK

To beg is comparable to dying, no one should beg

mWgn sy mrnw Blw iXh siqgur kI sIK

Death is better than begging, such is the teaching of Satguru

kWSI kwbw eyk hY eyk hY rwm rhIm

kanshi (hindu sacred place of worship) and kabba (muslim sacred place of worship) are one, raam and raheem are One

mYdw iek pkvwn bhU bYT kbIrw JIl

[just as from] one dough, many foods can be made; contemplate this oh kabeer

ACy idn pICy gey hir sy kIAw nw hyq

good days have gone past, you did not develop love with God

Ab pCqwey hoq ikAw jb iciVAw cug geI Kyq

what good will repenting do now as time has now passed

You can hear them at

Before I get told off on the premise that these writings of Kabeer Ji were not included in Gurbani; therefore they do not follow the Sikh thought and thus should not be looked at, let me just say that there are Gurbani tuk's that have very similar meanings to the ones I posted above. Only Guru Sahib knows why they decided to include some and not others. If someone is really curious I will be more than happy to provide the 'equivalent' tuk's from Gurbani.

I may post a few more of Kabeer jee's writings not included in Gurbani tomorrow.

Bhagat Kabir Jee had a decent avastha for most of his life but it was only after he reached sachkhand, that his bani was included in Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

Just as the 4 alphabets of gurmantar have Naam implanted in them, in the same way the alphabets of gurbani have Naam in them and gurbani has to be spoken from Sachkhand.

This is a sincere question.

If it is not Gurbaanee, is it okay for the Shabad (yes, I think we should still call it a Shabad) to be sung at a Gurudwara, on stage etc?

Dear Sister,

NO, it cant be sung. Only Gurbani, Bhai Gurdaas jee's vaars and Bhai Nand Lal jee's writings are allowed to be sung.

Bhagat Kabir Jee had a decent avastha for most of his life but it was only after he reached sachkhand, that his bani was included in Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

At the feet of Singh_Soldier who has a high and mighty avastha that he has the ability to judge the avastha of maha bhagats such as Bhagat Kabeer Ji's avastha as decent my humble parnam and fateh!

Wah singh sahib didnt know you had such a high level of jap and tap that you could take the daring step of judging the avastha of a Bhagat, to whose bani we bow to and worship and adore in Sri Satguru Granth Sahib Ji

At the feet of Singh_Soldier who has a high and mighty avastha that he has the ability to judge the avastha of maha bhagats such as Bhagat Kabeer Ji's avastha as decent my humble parnam and fateh!

Wah singh sahib didnt know you had such a high level of jap and tap that you could take the daring step of judging the avastha of a Bhagat, to whose bani we bow to and worship and adore in Sri Satguru Granth Sahib Ji

My Guru is the GREATEST. My Guru rules the Sachkhand. The Guru-bani comes from Sachkhand and a person has to reach Sachkhand to have the privelage of speaking Gurbani.

my humble parnam and fateh at the feet of singh_soldier too . please accept.

My Guru is the GREATEST. My Guru rules the Sachkhand. The Guru-bani comes from Sachkhand and a person has to reach Sachkhand to have the privelage of speaking Gurbani.

He Maha Gursikh, yes your Guru is the Greatest, Our Guru is the Greatest, the bhagats are meager iin comparison to the Gurus. Im so grateful to God to have met such a high avastha Gurmukh such as yourself who has param gian and so much jugti that you are able to judge Bhagats.