Sign in to follow this  
Jujhar Singh

Guru Nanak Sahib Ji

Guru Nanak Dev Ji is already here, and I know exactly who he is :D

Perfect answer.

Bring on the next topic!

K.

Here we go again!

Some people have way too much time on theri hands, rather than asking pointless questions why dont u focus ur time on reading and understanding Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. You will get your answers.

what if they came in human form though?

would you accept them as Guru Nanak Sahib?

pun1.jpg

"In Ko Daras Satguru Ko darshan bolan Guru Shabad Gur Grantha.

Dvadas Roop Satigur Eh Kaiyat Dvadas Bhan Pargat Har Santha.

Partakya Kala Parbraham Dhanee Shai Granth Panth Khalsa Vartanta.

Das Gobind Fateh Satgur Ki Khalsa Granth Gur Roop Bidanta"

"Having the blessed audience (of the Khalsa) is equal to having the audience of the Guru, as long as they are singing the songs of love held within Guru Granth Sahib.

There are twelve forms of the Guru this is what I (Guru Gobind Singh) tell you,

There are twelve forms who revealed themselves I tell you Oh Saints.

This is the blatant arrow of power dispensed by the ultimate Creator,

Deal with the Guru Granth Guru Panth as the Khalsa.

The slave of the Deathless Being, Guru Gobind Singh, (does not recognise this victory as his), the victory is of supreme true Guru, the Khalsa and the Granth, these are very form and presence of the Guru."

Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji

http://neo-sikhism.blogspot.com/2008/11/ho...-there-are.html

lol this is why I am asking this question...

I have been reading and bani forever mentions guru having a mouth, ears, feet... yet Guru Granth Sahib has none of these?

The perfect answers have already been given

Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj is present here on earth in the form of Shabad Guru, Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj.

Guru ji is also present in human form where ever 5 Gurmukh Singhs are together as Panj Piare

lol this is why I am asking this question...

I have been reading and bani forever mentions guru having a mouth, ears, feet... yet Guru Granth Sahib has none of these?

do they not speak to us in the form of Hukumnameh?

do they not hear our Ardaas?

do we not touch their feet with our forehead, and pray that we can stay in their charan kamal?

our Guru Ji clearly has a mouth, ears, and feet

i think what jujhar singh is trying to say is if dhan sri guru nanek sahib ji gave his pavan pavitar darshan in partack dhedhari form would genral sikhs be able to recognise guru ji.

if guru gobind singh ji gave you darshan and you saw guru ji physically you wouldn't ignore him and think or say erm guru ji i dont need your "dhedhari darshan" because your jot is already in gur granth sahib ji. do uunderstand the point i am trying to get across ?

fateh

jujhar singh asked ''what if they came in human form though?

would you accept them as Guru Nanak Sahib? ''

Guru Nanak Sahib is in fact on earth. has always been .shall always be.

Gurbani says''nicha andar nicha jaat ,nichi hu ath nich ,Nanak tin keh sang saath,vedhea seo ka rees''. i.e '' I reside and am with the lowliest of the low''.

Once, in the area i live in UK, a friend who is a social worker took me to the house of a man who was not even a sikh. this was an old man who had been abandoned by his family, had no job, survived on benefits, had no friends, no religion ,couldnt cook ,lived off takeaway chips,was in poor health physically and mentally, all by himself visited just ocassionally by a social worker. as i entered his one bedroom sit, there was a bad smell ,clothes strewn everywhere and total untidiness. this was the worst possible state a human being could fall in. but suddenly i noticed lo and behold, a huge calender on his wall with a huge picture of Guru Nanak Sahib,smiling lovingly. now i dont believe in such pictures but for that one moment i remembered those lines i quoted earlier and suddenly i felt Gurujee's voice reminding me that He is always with the poorest of the poor, and that through mysterious circumstances that picture was on the wall of this non -sikh symbolically to indicate Guru Jee's comforting presence in the hut of this abandoned poor man.

This poor old man used to wander around the streets of my city in UK with a huge 1st generation cassette player. So one day i gave him a collection of kirtan cassettes as a gift. From that day he would wander around with kirtan pumping out from his cassette player all hours of the day and night.

And those who love Gurujee, Gurujee actually jumps 'in' to reside in the heart. Gurbani says '' antar gur aradhana''. Gurbani says '' satgur jagda heh deo'' i.e Satguru is always awake and alive. Gurbani says ''You are always present but i think of (You) as absent''.

We in our ignorance postulate the physical remanifestation of Guru Nanak because of our attachment and trust in the physical . But Sikhi opens our eyes to the metaphysical,and in fact enlightens us to the limitations and illusion of the physical and gives us access to the invisible Real . What we see is the form ,but sikhi enlightens us to the veiled substance. As gurbani says all we see is a poor hut of a man and pity him with our physical eyes,but that man maybe a great chanter and lover of God's name and in the unseen realm such a man is ''raja srist ka'' i.e king of the whole universe.

When our eyes 'open', we realise that Guru Nanak Sahib is everywhere ,in every heart ,manifestated as shabad in GURU GRANTH SAHIB and residing with the lowliest of the low ever so actively .Thats when our questions and curiosity caease and rather, the greatest of holy joy swells up in our being .