Lawyer Lodges Report Against Cm For Sedition

TheSuperbell

GEORGE TOWN: Kampung Buah Pala Residents Association legal adviser Darshan Singh Khaira has lodged a police report against Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng for “repeatedly denigrating and insulting” him and his religion.

The lawyer claimed that Lim was “obviously hitting me below the belt”, and wanted the chief minister investigated under Section 4 (1) of the Sedition Act, 1948 and Section 298 (a) of the Penal Code for uttering words or actions with deliberate intent to stir religious divide.

Admitting that he is a Muslim convert, Darshan said Lim was not fit to be the chief minister for making a personal attack against him.

It was reported in an English daily that Lim had questioned Darshan’s use of his Sikh name when he had converted to Islam.

“The remark was unwarranted and uncalled for.

“Has he forgotten his (party’s) own Malaysian Malaysia slogan?” he asked before lodging the report at the Patani Road police station yesterday.

Darshan accused Lim of turning the Kam­pung Buah Pala issue into a racial one, saying that by questioning his religious beliefs, Lim was trying to create a rift between him and the Kampung Buah Pala residents who are mostly Hindus.

He also clarified that it was not necessary to use a Muslim name although one had converted to Islam.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...&FORM=ZZNR8

Well he can atleast remove 'Singh' from his name. I HATE such people that upon converting out of Sikhi, continue to use the name Singh.

I'm sorry but you gave up that right when you deserted your religion and all the martyrs who died for you to be able to atleast make that choice.

/end rant.

Maybe the problem of how the name is abused also lies with the the selective sikhi of those claim to be 'sikh' and 'singh'.

Well he can atleast remove 'Singh' from his name. I HATE such people that upon converting out of Sikhi, continue to use the name Singh.

I'm sorry but you gave up that right when you deserted your religion and all the martyrs who died for you to be able to atleast make that choice.

/end rant.

I got no problem with people converting. Religion is personal but if you are going to convert then one should do things properly. Like lots of people in Punjab who have kept Sikh appearances and are not Christians. Not only does it confuse others it also serves other people's agenda that its ok to give up your sikh beliefs with minimal effort.