dreams

i have always been facinated by dreams, and the meaning behind it. but i am interested in the gurmat point of view about dreams.

example

what is the meaning behind if one has dreams of SGGS? (though i doibt many have dreams of mharaj in their dreams here)

darshan of panj pyare?

those kind of dreams.

anyone tell me???

Guest mehtab

Drink a glass of water some time before sleeping, and recite Sohila Sahib along with rakhya de shabad before going to bed. Put on a Gurbani CD for a while or throughout the night if that helps u. One thing, don't tell your dreams to just anyone and everyone, because people need masala/spice to gossip and so all they will do is make fun of you. Tell a few GurSikhs who are your sangat and maybe they can help u out.

GuruFatehJi.

KhalsaJi,

Dreams are sometimes the creation of our own thoughts. What we feed the mind, so dream. If we nuture a certain fear or joy, that is exactly what we will dream of. I used to suffer from nightmares and only until recently did they go away. I still do have nightmares but they shake me up for a while but not to the extent that they used to in the past. I realised my dreams were my own creations.

Sometimes, when I would be a lot into my Sikhi, Kirtan and Simran, I would have similar inspirational dreams. They could be interpreted in any way that we can relate to but we can never be sure of what they exactly meant.

I've dreamt about my Guru, Punj Pyare and the Akali Sikhs (Warriors of the Past) and they have meanings in whichever way they help me become closer to my Guru. That's all that the dreams mean to me, otherwise dreams are just fanciful pictures of the wandering mind.

GuruFatehJi.

L*