Disparaging Remarks about Sikhs Made on SNL!

No Mr. Singh J.Kerry and J.Fallon are two different things. J.Kerry first of all, was NOT joking, and he is a political figure. Mr. Fallon on the other hand WAS joking, and he is a comedian. He gets paid to make people laugh. No, this is not the future of American Sikhs. I have myself been a victim of racism and ignorance in the COURT ROOM by a JUDGE! I have helped to fight many kirpan cases in Cleveland, OH and have been involved with SMART on many occassions. I just feel that this isn't the greatest of our worries.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Mr. Singh J.Kerry and J.Fallon are two different things. J.Kerry first of all, was NOT joking, and he is a political figure. Mr. Fallon on the other hand WAS joking, and he is a comedian. He gets paid to make people laugh. No, this is not the future of American Sikhs. I have myself been a victim of racism and ignorance in the COURT ROOM by a JUDGE! I have helped to fight many kirpan cases in Cleveland, OH and have been involved with SMART on many occassions. I just feel that this isn't the greatest of our worries.

BUt it IS sometihng to see, when some john on the street goes and Insults, and give unessary slurs on Sikhs - is tha really acceptable?

He gets paid for doing what? insulting minorities?

bhull chukk maaf

GurFAteh

No will ever listen to what sikhi is, im sick of telling ppl who i am, even if i tell them theres still confussion going on, if we wear patkay or Pugs we will still look like Muslims to the ignorant eyes. Its Stupid im sic of it. I feel only now Khalsa Raj will show what sikhi is, us Sikhs have become sooo uncreadable. Dispite all this, i still feel sikhi is soooo lovely, i really find it hard to understand y other ppl wouldnt find it luvly. We have a Dharam that is soo wide that it still allows us to think freely and not feel forced to think of something that might be against your feelings e.g. Evoluation vs. Adam and Eve. No other Dharam talks about life on other Planets apart from Sikhism (Water was found on Mars).

For now were invisable to the naked eye to some ppl, i really dont know when its ganna change.

Waheguruuu.

would all of you have been this outraged if the were attacking any other race? or are we only outraged when it applies to us. What if they were making fun of Jews or african or americans...and by the way...personally I think it was insulting to arabs and not sikhs...b/c technically the blame is still being placed on all arabs in general...

we all got selfish and only saw what was there about us...

this really isn't what sikhi is about. the fact that it took me so long to notice the injustice towards arabs is what makes me sick...