Disparaging Remarks about Sikhs Made on SNL!

Ok I can understand how it can be offensive...BUT at the same time...generally speaking...when something or someone is popular...it makes it to SNL...some ppl take it as a compliment to be spoofed on SNL b/c it means that they are well known enough for SNL to mention it....

I mean...someone made a comment about nuns and the pope..how does that make us differend from them then? we all laughed at what the person said..its the same thing...if we can make a joke lets learn how to take one.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

ravneet kaur, how can this be taken lightly. this <banned word filter activated> called sikhs terrorists. saying we blow stuff up and what not. do you know the stuff sikhs went through after 9/11...sikhs were shot and killed. numerous sikhs were victims of hate crimes. comments like this wont help. we arent a group where people can make jokes about us and people will know us well enough to just brush it off as a joke.

if i have offended anyone, i apologize.

bhul cuk maaf

Anon

I'm well aware of what went on after 9/11..do you understand that snl is taped in NYC...those people, amongst many sikhs, experienced the affects of 9/11...THEY can joke about their city being bombed...

THE joke was actually reflecting reality...where people mistake SIkhs for terrorists and they actually are not. I'm not saying it was the best way of protraying the message or trying to belittle the fight for justice on behalf of sikhs, but its not completely false either. Situations such as those did take (obviously they werent loaded with comedic tone).

Anon

I'm well aware of what went on after 9/11..do you understand that snl is taped in NYC...those people, amongst many sikhs, experienced the affects of 9/11...THEY can joke about their city being bombed...

THE joke was actually reflecting reality...where people mistake SIkhs for terrorists and they actually are not. I'm not saying it was the best way of protraying the message or trying to belittle the fight for justice on behalf of sikhs, but its not completely false either. Situations such as those did take (obviously they werent loaded with comedic tone).

Question to everyone:

If you watched this and you werent a sikh, didnt knwo anythin about who the sikhs are, what would you say about them ?? What would you say if you saw an actual sikh on the street, would you be able to tell difference??

There are many illeterate ppl out there (above all myself) who know nothin at all who sikhs reli are !! Spreading even a more wronger image of a sikh is not good .......... :wub:

Everyone just needs to chill. Personally, I thought it was funny because I have been watching SNL my whole life and Jimmy Fallon is a hilarious guy. Sure, you should call SNL and tell them it was insensitive towards many Sikhs, but are you gonna do that everytime someone cracks a joke at a Sikh? Wait, don't answer that...

Anyways, Fallon tried to explain in the skit that Sikhs are not Arabs, he did that pretty well. He also said that that was horrible what the weatherman said about "Sanji" blowing up NYC. Seriously, I think many people know about Sikhs now because we have been in the spotlight for so many things. Now with Manmohan Singh becoming the PM of India, I think we will get even more recognition and respect in America. So, in the end, you should take everything with a pinch of salt. Just chill, and don't blow things out of proportion. I know I'm going to get flamed for this post, but what can I do. We have many hot heads on this forum, including myself, and we just need to chill.

So watching SNL all yoiur life, and finding it hilarious - you think his claim is justified

I was SOOOOOOOOO DIsGUSTED LISTENING TO THIS

WHAT HAVE SIKH IN AMERICA DONE TO DESRVER SOME ********* LIEK HIM GO AND SAY S**** About SIKHS :) @ :) @ :lol: @ :umm: @

Cali Khalsa

Good job - keep us updated abuot what SMART says :wub:

bhull chukk maaf

GurFAteh

Mr. Singh, calm down. I don't believe that Mr. Fallon meant to be personally insensitive towards Sikhs. It is the time and atmosphere of that city that brought the comedy and skit to air. They talk about real things, and frankly, that's probably what a lot of talk shows are like. Go stop all the talk shows out there in the world. I dare you.

Mr. Singh, calm down. I don't believe that Mr. Fallon meant to be personally insensitive towards Sikhs. It is the time and atmosphere of that city that brought the comedy and skit to air. They talk about real things, and frankly, that's probably what a lot of talk shows are like. Go stop all the talk shows out there in the world. I dare you.

Yes and you found it funny?

the only funny thing I foudn was his ugly shakal :wub:

I found it extremly offensive, and think tha if thats accepter by American Sikhs - then watch out

whgo's gonna prevent guys like J Kerry to say Sikhs are terrorists!

can't believe its being tolerated! :) @

bhull chukk maaf

GurFAteh

I think we all need to take minute to chill here.

with that thought,

naam cimran post!

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Wahegur

u Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru