Dream Of Commercial Airlne Pilot

Randeep Singh13

I have had dream of becoming Airline Pilot, does anyone have any advice or info I should know of before embarking on this long road.

I know its very expensive and will cost close to 80K in training fees and such. I would also like to know if there would be any racism in this job esp. for an asian in the UK and becos of 9/11 and all that... will i be denied jobs etc. because of this? and will all that training be a waste?

I will begin lessons for my PPL next summer- which is around £7k and will allow me to fly light aircraft around europe :D . After this I will gain insight if I just want to fly as a hobby or professional.

Also does anyone know of any asian pilots.. like in BA or other airlines??

Thanks,

R Singh

I have had dream of becoming Airline Pilot, does anyone have any advice or info I should know of before embarking on this long road.

I know its very expensive and will cost close to 80K in training fees and such. I would also like to know if there would be any racism in this job esp. for an asian in the UK and becos of 9/11 and all that... will i be denied jobs etc. because of this? and will all that training be a waste?

I will begin lessons for my PPL next summer- which is around £7k and will allow me to fly light aircraft around europe :D . After this I will gain insight if I just want to fly as a hobby or professional.

Also does anyone know of any asian pilots.. like in BA or other airlines??

Thanks,

R Singh

Racism ....... won't happen it's only people who have no life (jobs, family. friends) and nothing to do. "kids in high school" So don't worry about it.

Try doing this find some one who is all ready a pilot and learn from him because ... you know desi to desi

You can find some people who are pilots by calling air India(might not help). Or ask your parents if they know any one..... <<< all ways helps

Gurfateh ji,

My chacha has been a pilot here in the uk and abroad now for many years working for many major airlines Jet airways, easy jet and ryan air. He has found it hard to find a job being amritdhari. And having his own family it can be very difficult becuase you have to work around the hours he has to work at like 3am and comes home at maybe 5pm depending on what haul flight it is.

PM me for contact info etc.

Vaheguroo