Next Step In Becoming A Sikh

newtosikhi

hi

always great to hear about someone becoming interested in sikhi.

im not from canada so the advice i can offer you is limited. However i would advice you to keep a distance from guru ravidas sabha. You should know that even if they claim to be sikhs, what they follow is not really sikhism. While sikhs consider bhagat ravidass ji to be a great saint and his verses are included in the guru granth sahib ji, ravidassis have elevated him to the status of 'guru' which doesnt fit in well with the theory of their being 11 sikh gurus. Many do this out of caste alledigence (bhagat ravidas ji himself was dalit). The very fact that they told you to stay away from a gurdwara that is according to them 'jatt dominated' is very dodgy, considering that caste has no place in sikhism. There are many other differences too, which i think you should look into.

All the best, wish you well.

hi

im not from canada so the advice i can offer you is limited. However i would advice you to keep a distance from guru ravidas sabha. You should know that even if they claim to be sikhs, what they follow is not really sikhism. While sikhs consider bhagat ravidass ji to be a great saint and his verses are included in the guru granth sahib ji, ravidassis have elevated him to the status of 'guru' which doesnt fit in well with the theory of their being 11 sikh gurus. Many do this out of caste alledigence (bhagat ravidas ji himself was dalit). The very fact that they told you to stay away from a gurdwara that is according to them 'jatt dominated' is very dodgy, considering that caste has no place in sikhism. There are many other differences too, which i think you should look into.

Thanks I will keep that in mind

hi

Thanks I will keep that in mind