Was Maharaja Ranjit Singh Kartar Singh Udham Sikh Sikhs

jgill

this is an invaild question. no person has the right to judge or say who is a sikh and who is not a sikh other then maharaj themselves. only guru granth sahib ji knows who a sikh is and who is not.

so this question can not be answered on this form by any person. end of thread.

Really? Yet somehow you have the right to challenge Guru Gobind Singh Ji?

If we have any love for Sikhi, regardless of our personal circumstance, we need to honor it's parameters and definition, rather than whimper about our individual frail egos and need for identity.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is an invaild question. no person has the right to judge or say who is a sikh and who is not a sikh other then maharaj themselves. only guru granth sahib ji knows who a sikh is and who is not.

If we have any love for Sikhi, regardless of our personal circumstance, we need to honor it's parameters and definition, rather than whimper about our individual frail egos and need for identity.

at the end of the day only god can decide whose a sikh or not and not a person

at the end of the day only god can decide whose a sikh or not and not a person

Guest shastr

uhhh how am i challenging maharaj?? lol

and u want to honor sikhi's paramaters? u want to honor a sikh's definition? really. start with urself.

how many hours do u spend doing nitnem singh sahib? how many banis do u know by heart? do u do panj granthi nitnem? do u do dass granth nitnem? how many hours do u do simran ji? lets hear it. pata tey lage tusi aap kini sikhi honor kiti aa.

and u want to honor sikhi's paramaters? u want to honor a sikh's definition? really. start with urself.

how many hours do u spend doing nitnem singh sahib? how many banis do u know by heart? do u do panj granthi nitnem? do u do dass granth nitnem? how many hours do u do simran ji? lets hear it. pata tey lage tusi aap kini sikhi honor kiti aa.

i think god can only decide whose a sikh or not, but personal belief is to determine who has the most love for god is someone who is willing to sacirfice his life for god and many sacirficed their lives for god who were not gursikh

I am disappointed. One shouldn't question another about how much 'banis' they do.....nor should they attempt to ask. It's hard to remain gupt, the least we can do is try.

i made the thread and it i consider them sikhs

its ppl like KEERPA and many guys like him you'll see at the gurdwaras who go around judging ppl saying if their sikhs or not when only god can decide, its ppl like KEERPA who think that its more of a sacirfice to sit in the gurdwara do keertan all day then give your life for sikhi

i think someone who could die for sikhi is a sikh, that is giving your life over to god and that is what sikhi asks us to do

and ppl like KEERPA who are driving ppl away from the gurdwaras, and angering ppl at weddings when these idiots start lecturing ppl during weddings, and ppl hate being lectured thats what drives them away human nature is we listen best when we are inspired

Blaming other members for your own mistakes is 100% wrong. If your have certain issues arising with certain type of people, why not ask them personally instead of ranting about them.

Shastr, save the good ol punjabi showdown. You win. In your previous post, you were perhaps trying to be humble rather than challenge maharaj. However, given the nature of the thread you were challenging, and perhaps inadvertently, perverting sikhi. There are many kids who read this and there is a pervasive whimpering that is gaining ignorant confidence to suggest…. identity is not necessary for a Sikh!! And in the context of the thread, that is what you supported.

My comment was not about your personal practice but about your comment. What an absurd response? This is where you completely miss the point. I am saying that anyone who cares for sikhi will not redefine sikhi to suit their purposes. As for our personal practices, well you be the Sikh and I not, that is fine with me...I am forever learning ABCs. However, it is not fine that Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s sacrifices be challenged.

I think we're not so far apart on our thoughts, in lieu of a showdown, how about you make the cha, i'll bring the snacks, and I just give you a loving smack to restore harmony. Then I'll be your student when it comes to honor.

Shastr, save the good ol punjabi showdown. You win. In your previous post, you were perhaps trying to be humble rather than challenge maharaj. However, given the nature of the thread you were challenging, and perhaps inadvertently, perverting sikhi. There are many kids who read this and there is a pervasive whimpering that is gaining ignorant confidence to suggest…. identity is not necessary for a Sikh!! And in the context of the thread, that is what you supported.

My comment was not about your personal practice but about your comment. What an absurd response? This is where you completely miss the point. I am saying that anyone who cares for sikhi will not redefine sikhi to suit their purposes. As for our personal practices, well you be the Sikh and I not, that is fine with me...I am forever learning ABCs. However, it is not fine that Guru Gobind Singh Ji's sacrifices be challenged.

I think we're not so far apart on our thoughts, in lieu of a showdown, how about you make the cha, i'll bring the snacks, and I just give you a loving smack to restore harmony. Then I'll be your student when it comes to honor.

only god knows whose a sikh or not, hence why ppl who say someone is not a sikh unless he is gursikh should shutup, cause their driving ppl away from the gurdwaras and their begining to get slapped in the face and attacked when they try judging others

but lets say someone is a gursikh and is to coward to fight for sikhi yet another is not a gursikh but dies fighting defending sikhi, im pretty sure god is going to look at that person as a sikh, i could be wrong cause i don't know how god decides but thats what i believe

plus especially if your from england, what do you have to say about the shere punjab who majority of the members were not gursikh but fought against the islamic extremists, ill say they were true sikhs compared to any so ccalled gursikh who would hide in the gurdwara doing keertan to scared to stand up to the extremists, cause if they truly believed in thei rsikhi and god they would have the same guts as that non gursikh out fighting to defend sikhi

PS im talking about so called gursikhs being cowards not real gursikhs cause a real gursikh would never judge someone

Just want to commend shastr on exemplary reaching out as a sikh and member of this forum. He took the initiative to PM so we could both clarify and he did so in a most humble, intelligent and mature manner. I mentioned above that I did not think we were far apart on our thoughts and it seems we do indeed have the same view. Shastr, thanks taking the initiative and displaying an exemplary spirit of sikhi.