Sikhs At Weddings

g5johal

sikhs at weddings at gurdwaras has started to become a show becuase alot of people does not not know the acutally meaning of the wedding alot of sikhs think that the cival marrage this means nothing to us we just have to do its the law in this country. i went to a wedding recently alot of people was talking in the darbar hall the giani had to say be quiet it was a disgrace. i herd old ladys gossiping away. people attend these weddings as a show saying it is part of their culture and alot of sikhs find it uncomfortable sitting on the floor i herd people saying that at the wedding and people was just counting the clock down so they can booze up in the hall. sikhs have a different attiude in the hall becuase the annnoucer said the bride and groom has entered the hall everyone went quiet instanly so that they can eat their food and booze where as in the gurdwara the giani ji said be quiet people still did not listen i think we need to sort this out in our community its becoming a disgrace

sikhs at weddings at gurdwaras has started to become a show becuase alot of people does not not know the acutally meaning of the wedding alot of sikhs think that the cival marrage this means nothing to us we just have to do its the law in this country. i went to a wedding recently alot of people was talking in the darbar hall the giani had to say be quiet it was a disgrace. i herd old ladys gossiping away. people attend these weddings as a show saying it is part of their culture and alot of sikhs find it uncomfortable sitting on the floor i herd people saying that at the wedding and people was just counting the clock down so they can booze up in the hall. sikhs have a different attiude in the hall becuase the annnoucer said the bride and groom has entered the hall everyone went quiet instanly so that they can eat their food and booze where as in the gurdwara the giani ji said be quiet people still did not listen i think we need to sort this out in our community its becoming a disgrace

I find it funny, when your pointing out all of these errors in sikhi, yet you call yourself a 'johal'.

Yeah it happening all the time, literally any wedding you go to......in my experience..

This is totally true, but sadly it is now the norm. Sikh weddings are becoming renound for having a good booze up and party. One way i think that this could be stopped is by the persons being wed pushing for a traditional marriage, with no party etc. But what are the chances of that occuring

Apparently in Ilford, a couple of weeks ago, the groom and his mates were smoking ciggerettes just around the corner from the guru ghar whilst they waited for the bride side to all arive. He was wearing the full works, the kalgi, temproray floppy pug, temproary beard and the fake kirpan. Everyone could see them including all his relatives and normal Gurdwara sangat.

No one supposedly said anything and the resident granthi jatha just carried on with the wedding. No one's bothered anymore about how un-Sikh we have become.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

yea that is sad, so many punjabi minded ppl , they really outnumber ppl who are gurmat minded

but u know like wats even more sad is, the same ppl u will see in sikh camps , waering dastaars etc and those even on this very site, u will see them party it up in fotos or w/e liek theres no tomorrow, many of them participate in bhangra in halls etc etc even while being ad, it really is sad to see, like choose a side, noone sed this side was gona be easy, its hard for all of us, we face challenges everyday but i think the saddest part is when u see the " khalsa" also partaking in the bs at weddings, very disheartening:(

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Lets be honest ... example

My best friends wedding I would like to party all night wouldn't you. I don't drink or eat meat. It would feel so bad if he didn't have a party. The one main thing I look in weddings is the party at night.

at the endof the day its up to the individual , like i used to be moni before and all of my friends are actually monia, i dont get time to hang with them anymore so i dont get their " sangat" but we still consider ourselves to be close in that if we need each other or need to talk we can always call each other up or watnot and we can hang out somewhere wen we get time, but not a lot cus i really dont get time,, ok anyway, they will all have pun weddings, but they know and i hev told them i wont be attending any parties but i will come to ur anand karaj, they always used to talk about how we wud give speeches at each others receptions, buti got more into sikhi and they know that wont be happening on my part..

again everyone is diff, so no i wudnt want to dance even tho i was good at dancing before i have even taken hip hop etc and i know a lot of moves but still i wudnt cus i really dont want to i believe its not right for a sikh, hoenstly noone can do anytihng about wat u do, its all up to u at the end of the day, that why i sed this route is hard, but sometimes u can give up things easily and gladly, otehr times some thigns are harder

at the endof the day its up to the individual , like i used to be moni before and all of my friends are actually monia, i dont get time to hang with them anymore so i dont get their " sangat" but we still consider ourselves to be close in that if we need each other or need to talk we can always call each other up or watnot and we can hang out somewhere wen we get time, but not a lot cus i really dont get time,, ok anyway, they will all have pun weddings, but they know and i hev told them i wont be attending any parties but i will come to ur anand karaj, they always used to talk about how we wud give speeches at each others receptions, buti got more into sikhi and they know that wont be happening on my part..

again everyone is diff, so no i wudnt want to dance even tho i was good at dancing before i have even taken hip hop etc and i know a lot of moves but still i wudnt cus i really dont want to i believe its not right for a sikh, hoenstly noone can do anytihng about wat u do, its all up to u at the end of the day, that why i sed this route is hard, but sometimes u can give up things easily and gladly, otehr times some thigns are harder

The men at anand karaj listen but the women they just talk about what there going to were for the party/ makeup.