Sikh University Guide

alright lets all go to UCE, theres plenty of "sikhs" there, with a sikh society and plenty gurudwaray, wow this now makes me a great singh!!! oh wait.. i forgot that its a terrible uni displaying i put hardly academic effort in my life and i am taking the panth no-where in this temporal world whilst displaying im an <banned word filter activated>...hmm oh well

we are supposed to be the best at all we do!! not just at meeting sikhs and going to the gurudwara!

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

Immortal Shaheed, nobody is saying that you should apply to University based on this guide alone. Obviously the academic factors should be taken into account. The thing is there are many resources and prospectuses out there which provide information on this.

Also nobody is claiming that going to a Sikh Society or any other programme immediately makes someone the perfect Singh/Kaur. In fact it's well known that some Sikh Societies don't actually follow or implement the principles of Gurmat, so for that reason there is a question which asks you to outline the role such societies play.

Lastly we all know that education is very important in this world and that we should all aim as high as possible in life. However having Guru Ji's Darshan on a regular basis is beneficial not only in this world but also in the next, and has the power to clean our souls of millions of sins. At least this is what Gurbani tells us. If you've ever been to University in an area where there are no Sikhs you will know how important and uplifting sangat can be. For this reason this guide is being put together. It is to be used in conjunction with, not in replace of, current ways of choosing a University. I hope this is clearer now.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh