Malaysian gurdwaras to stop non-veg in langar

akjforever

Sikh priests decry seva dal advertisement

Ask Malaysian gurdwaras to stop non-veg in langar

An excerpt from:

Tribune India

Tuesday, 18th May 2004

Amritsar - The five Sikh high priests while taking a serious note of an advertisement denigrating Guru Gobind Singh, the 10th Sikh Guru, by Miri Piri Seva Dal head Gurinderpal Singh Dhanola, issued directions to the Sikh sangat not to drag the name of Sikh gurus in any type of campaigning and warned that such advertisements should not be repeated in the SGPC (Search) elections scheduled for July 11.

In another significant decision, the head priests denied permission to Malaysian gurdwaras for serving non-vegetarian food in the langar.

Both matters assume significance as this is the first time that such issues were deliberated upon at a meeting held at the Akal Takht (Search) secretariat today. Akal Takht Jathedar Giani Joginder Singh Vedanti (Search) said they had received a communication from Kishan Singh, secretary, Kalang Gurdwara in Malaysia, who stated that a kind of meat was being served in many gurdwaras there and sought permission for its continuance which was denied to them.

The head priests also took objection to the name of ‘onkar’ (religious symbol of Sikhs) used as the name by a TV channel.

In another decision, the head priests directed the demolition of steps constructed for the handicapped in Sacha Dhan Gurdwara at Mohali and demanded a report on the construction near the parkash of Guru Granth Sahib there.

Satnam Singh, a nihang who had presented himself here for placing kalgi on controversial Baba Bhaniarawale, was awarded ‘tankhah’.

The meeting also took a seri

ous note of book ‘Guru Garib Niwaz’, written by five persons eulogising a self-styled guru of Padhri Kalan. The head priests also discussed taking Guru Granth Sahib to a ‘mazaar’ in Sansara village near Rajasansi and another instance of taking the holy book to a marriage palace by Gurjant Singh in Raikot.

For the full original article, click here: http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040519/...9/punjab1.htm#5

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

The text below is reproduced for the benefit of the sangat from a friend

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji Ki Fateh.

I believe the Jathedars have been "misled"..... NO MALAYSIAN GURDWARA serves "meat" in Guru Ka Langgar....

However there is such a thing known as MOCK MEAT and this is s substance VEGETARIAN BASED Soybean mixed with some other 100% VEGETARIAN substances that is made to "look and taste" like various "meats" like chicken, duck, fish etc. The Flour cookies are even coloured and shaped to "look" like fish, chicken drim sticks, duck parts.

Everyone knows that is is MOCK MEAT and the term is self explanatory. This stuff is cooked and served in many Gurdwaras and Klang is not the only one.

Although from my personal point of view, I also discouraged the use of this stuff as to me eating MOCK MEAT is "enjoyed by the MIND" ( although strictly speaking the MOCK MEAT is 100% VEGETARIAN and served in all VEGETARIAN BUDDHIST chinese restaurants etc as well)...BUT to mislead the Jathedars into placing it under BAN as a "meat" is self defeating and makes a mockery of Guru ka Langgar ( implying that the Jathedars dont even know SAAG from MAAS...as in GURU NANAK SAHIB JEES SHABAD in the GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE.

Action should be taken against the person who misled the Jathedars into giving this wrong interpretation to MOCK MEAT. This is most probably local g

urdwara politics as in the Canada Chairs/Carpets in Langgar issue...and the Jathedars are being used for personal ends to score points.

Jarnail Singh Arshi Gyani.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the Malaysians I have talked to (including one stay 50 metres away from that Gurdwara Sahib) agree with the reply given

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

yeah MOCK meat is served but not REAL meat.. ive asked most of my friends who goes to KLANG GURDWARA and none of them said that meat was served... anyway the reply is satisfactory as i am a malaysian and i am yet to hear or to come across any gurdwara that serves meat..

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Well, I haven't seen anything regarding "mock meats" in the hukamnamas...

but I agree, it is not the same thing! I actually eat that stuff a lot, its the best non-meat source of protein (soybean obtained) and it simply provides texture for soups / pasta, as well as can be used in tacos and hundreds of other items as a simple replacement for meat. I love the stuff!!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Well, I haven't seen anything regarding "mock meats" in the hukamnamas...

but I agree, it is not the same thing! I actually eat that stuff a lot, its the best non-meat source of protein (soybean obtained) and it simply provides texture for soups / pasta, as well as can be used in tacos and hundreds of other items as a simple replacement for meat. I love the stuff!!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I agree with you bro!!

I havnt either heard anythin in those gurdwaras, but i wouldnt be surprised if this is a another 'rumour' ... its reli disappointing how fast and quick false rumours start ......... :wub: