Question About Chandi Di Vaar

ruben360

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I had one question regarding Chandi di Vaar. At end of it, it says 'And that person who sings it will not take birth again'. What did Guru Ji mean by this? Did Guru Ji mean that whoever recites will not go through reincarnation again?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge,

Thankyou

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I had one question regarding Chandi di Vaar. At end of it, it says 'And that person who sings it will not take birth again'. What did Guru Ji mean by this? Did Guru Ji mean that whoever recites will not go through reincarnation again?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge,

Thankyou

This is how Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha answers this question in 'Hum Hindu Nahin'

http://patshahi10.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=97:q-q-&catid=35:punjabi-&Itemid=64#

Chandi di War is a story of war between devils (rakshas ) namely Shumbh, Nishumbh, Mahikhasur etc. and Durga devi or Chandi and the story is a translation of "Markande Puran" a famous SanskritGranth. To understand it please refer Chandi di War (first onewhich is bigger also)

where ,before ending the story Guru ji mentions :-

ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਤਿ ਸਇਆ ਕੋ ਕਰਿਓ ਜਾ ਸਮ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥I have translated the book named Satsayya (a poem of seven hundred shalokas), which hath nothing equal to it.

ਜਿਹ ਨਮਿਤ ਕਵਿ ਨੇ ਕਹਿਓ ਸੁ ਦੇਹ ਚੰਡਿਕਾ ਸੋਇ ॥੨੩੩॥ The purpose for which the poet hath comosed it, Chandi may grant him the same.233.

ਇਤਿ ਸ੍ਰੀ੍ਰ ਮਾਰਕੰਡੇ ਪੁਰਾਨੇ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਚੰਡੀ ਚਰਿਤ੍ਰੋ ਉਕਤਿ ਬਿਲਾਸ ਦੇਵ ਸੁਰੇਸ ਸਹਿਤ ਜੈਕਾਰ ਸਬਦ ਕਰਾ ਅਸਟਮੋ ਧਿਆਇ ਸਮਾਪਤਮ ਸਤੁ ਸੁਭਮ ਸਤੁ॥੮॥

Here, the eighth chapter of Chandi Charitra, which is translation of Markande Puran,ends.

And it is amply clear from the above that the story and the bravery of Devi and assurance given to readers is not the assurance of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib but of the Markandey who is the author of Markande Puran.

Bhul chuk khima, Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Chandi di War is a story of war between devils (rakshas ) namely Shumbh, Nishumbh, Mahikhasur etc. and Durga devi or Chandi and the story is a translation of "Markande Puran" a famous SanskritGranth. To understand it please refer Chandi di War (first onewhich is bigger also)

ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਤਿ ਸਇਆ ਕੋ ਕਰਿਓ ਜਾ ਸਮ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥I have translated the book named Satsayya (a poem of seven hundred shalokas), which hath nothing equal to it.

ਜਿਹ ਨਮਿਤ ਕਵਿ ਨੇ ਕਹਿਓ ਸੁ ਦੇਹ ਚੰਡਿਕਾ ਸੋਇ ॥੨੩੩॥ The purpose for which the poet hath comosed it, Chandi may grant him the same.233.

ਇਤਿ ਸ੍ਰੀ੍ਰ ਮਾਰਕੰਡੇ ਪੁਰਾਨੇ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਚੰਡੀ ਚਰਿਤ੍ਰੋ ਉਕਤਿ ਬਿਲਾਸ ਦੇਵ ਸੁਰੇਸ ਸਹਿਤ ਜੈਕਾਰ ਸਬਦ ਕਰਾ ਅਸਟਮੋ ਧਿਆਇ ਸਮਾਪਤਮ ਸਤੁ ਸੁਭਮ ਸਤੁ॥੮॥

Here, the eighth chapter of Chandi Charitra, which is translation of Markande Puran,ends.

And it is amply clear from the above that the story and the bravery of Devi and assurance given to readers is not the assurance of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib but of the Markandey who is the author of Markande Puran.

It is not exact translation but rather adaption where in all chapters in praise of Durga as supreme Goddess have been taken out. Durga has been termed as creation of akal purakh rather than an independent entity.

• 1 month later...

It is not exact translation but rather adaption where in all chapters in praise of Durga as supreme Goddess have been taken out. Durga has been termed as creation of akal purakh rather than an independent entity.

Firstly let me begin by strongly advocating that Sikhism & Hinduism are Two different religions.Why?The Biggest reason being that the tenth Guru,in no uncertain terms

laid out this fact.And that alone is a sufficient reason for me.Moreover sikhism has its own way of worship,its different culture traditions.It doesnot believe in many hindu customs like idol worship,prohibits havans & so on & so forth.

Hinduism,may be to the surprise of many sikh brothers, also believes in one Supreme Nirakar(Formless)God which is called Brahm,but it also believes that the SAME Brahm

in its Sakaar(with form) form is Bhagwaan (Krishna/Ram/Mahavishnu).But even 1st Jagatguru Adishankaracharya INITIALLY believed,in his commentary on Vedanta that only Nirakar Brahm is the Supreme/pure one God & sakaar bhagwan just emnate from it.But in his later works he became a bhakta of Krishna & prayed & shed tears before him.

According to Hinduism the particles on earth can be counted but not the number of universes which are infinite, & all created by the same one God(Brahm/Bhagwan),&

each universe has its own brahmaa,vishnu &, shankar which are like governors of that particular universe.

Some Sikh brothers,for reasons best known to them, disown Chandi Di vaar as not being the work of The tenth Guru,some lend entirely different meaning to the word

Bhaguati in the 1st Paurhee.Some go to the extent of disowning those parts in SGGS,which are allegedly not the original work of the tenth Guru,but were included by two mischevious hindu courtiers of his(24 avatars).

So they say that only the original works of only the ten great Gurus in the SGGS should be considered.Point taken!I,am a Hindu,but really like the soulfull shabads of the

ten Gurus,their original work & dare I say i find a lot of refernces & prayers to Ram,Govind,Gopal,Shivaa(the consort of shiv)etc.I believe that all these may be only refernces to Waheguru Ji,The formless one.

My only appeal to the Sikh Brethern is not allow anyone to Disown or misinterpret any of the great works of the Gurus,for political or any other concerns.They have to be

preserved in letter & spirit .Dont throw the baby with the bathwater pls.

I hve tried to clarify the issue with whatever little knowledge at my command,& I render my apologies if I have hurt anybody's sensitivities,with that not being th intent.

Can you tell me what tym should we do Chandi di vaar. I think i have read in Sant Harnam Singh ji book that if u start Chandi di vaar after rehraas than it should continue all throughout the night.

But what about the day time. What tym can we do this?

Can you tell me what tym should we do Chandi di vaar. I think i have read in Sant Harnam Singh ji book that if u start Chandi di vaar after rehraas than it should continue all throughout the night.

to be honest you should only read this if you are tyar bar tyar singh, and not arrrm sangat. But.....never read in daytime always read amrtivela not when it is daylight, read as part of your nitnem, and have a glass of water near when you read it.

to be honest you should only read this if you are tyar bar tyar singh, and not arrrm sangat. But.....never read in daytime always read amrtivela not when it is daylight, read as part of your nitnem, and have a glass of water near when you read it.

THanks for the info. But what i suppose to do with the water once i am done with the path.