Itchy Scalp

Guest uk singh

Guest uk singh

my head has become bery itchy over last two days or so. i have checked for head lice and i dont have any. i keep a keski on my head all the time and wash my hair regularly... does anyone have any ideas as to why it is itchy and what i can do??

thanks

There could be many reasons why your scalp is itchy. Do you have psoriasis or dandruff? Do you loose a lot of hair? What shampoo are you using? I'd recommend you to use a mild or baby shampoo as they contain no chemicals. Are you using oil in your hair? Also remember to let your hair dry naturally after kesh ishnaan.

There are some doctors on this forum and I'm sure they can help you. Also have a look in these topics

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php/topic/47392-loss-of-hair/page__p__435645__hl__itchy__fromsearch__1entry435645

Hi I have been suffering with scalp psoriasis for months and tried all the shampoos and medications from the doctor. It drove me insane to the point that i was not getting any sleep. In the end what is helping is SLS free shampoo. You can get these from waitrose. Aloevera is quite good. Also you can get rosemary essential oil. If you get a empty spray bottle and add 10 drops of rosemary oil, dilute it with water, give it a good shake and spray on the itchy scalp it will soothe the area.

Give it a try. It worked for me.

• 2 weeks later...