Suicide

Guest Sgahsidkdjeh

Guest Sgahsidkdjeh

What are sikhis teachin on those hu commit suicide... I not thinking of it if any of u r wondering lol . Jus curious as I was studyig Christians views on it at skl an I didn't actually know sikhis take on it

Commiting Suicide is like saying to God i dont care that you gave me this life i can take it away myself, so your going against hukam i guess, and in that way i guess sumppl get stuck in this world roaming as a ghost

AwqmGwqI; hY jgq ksweI]

AathamGhati hai Jagat Kasaee||

Awqm GwqI hY jgq ksweI ]

aatham ghaathee hai jagath kasaaee ||

They are the assassins of the self, and the butchers of the world.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?SourceID=G&PageNo=118

I believe this tuk means that one who commits suicide get the punishment of being the butcher of the world, so basically its worse than being hitler

bul chuk maff

Sangat ji please correct me as i only have a tusch math

Guest Ana l-Haqq

Unique projects are being given out by professors nowdays. Hanaji?

The prefix sui- means oneself. The suffix -cide means kill(ing).

'One''self', two things. One and self. Who do you want to kill? Err, no that's not even a question. The question is 'which' are you 'able' to kill?

To Sikhs, One, Ek, means GOD. This Ek resides with'in' us earthly beings as the soul. So if the soul is God itself, or say a part of God, then no it cannot be killed. It cannot be created or destroyed by any breathing'THING'---humans or other breathing entity. Because GOD cannot be killed. God is Akaal Moorat: not limited by time, beyond time, always present. Since he is away from time, therefore, is not bound to death/birth cycle, and can also free us from this cycle. Birth and death are limited by the factor of time. So since this soul is a part of GOD, even if it is a 'part' of GOD, this means that it is of GOD's. Then it cannot be killed, detroyed. Soul is under GOD's command. It'll be destroyed or created under his wishes. No one else can do nothing to it.

Self means the awareness of this 'One's' definition, identity. So if you understood this ONE. Then you know that this ONE is beyond birth or death. So we that there is no point of asking this question.

Mind, the culprit, who plants the 'idea' of suicide within, very cunningly convinces the sleeping beauty within us to agree with it and commit this act. The result, well, you loose the human body. That's just sad. And therefore, you loose another chance to merge with the Lord. And here again begins the painful cycle of life and death. Oh misery!

Guru Naanak Sahib says this human birth is a celebration, ਅਉਸਰੁ. A celebration, a happy event. A chance to meet the Lord and merge into him.

How can we celebrate this human body? By simply remembering him. Whatever way you remember him. Guru Ji says:

ਫਿਰਿ ਇਆ ਅਉਸਰੁ ਚਰੈ ਨ ਹਾਥਾ ॥

fir eiaa aousar charai n haathhaa ||

This opportunity may not come into your hands again.

So use it...for it's correct purpose.

ਅਉਸਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਸੁ ਗੁਣ ਰਮਣ ਜਿਤੁ ਕੋਟਿ ਮਜਨ ਇਸਨਾਨੁ ॥

aousar har jas gun raman jith kott majan eisanaan ||

This is the time to speak and sing the Praise and the Glory of God, which brings the merit of millions of cleansing and purifying baths.

So that you don't have to be suffering through this birth/death pain again.

ਹਉ ਬਾਹੁੜਿ ਛਿੰਝ ਨ ਨਚਊ ਨਾਨਕ ਅਉਸਰੁ ਲਧਾ ਭਾਲਿ ਜੀਉ ॥੨੧॥੨॥੨੯॥

ho baahurr shhinjh n nachoo naanak aousar ladhhaa bhaal jeeo ||21||2||29||

I shall not have to dance in the wrestling arena of life again. Nanak been given this opportunity by the merciful Lord. ||21||2||29||

I don't know if I've answered you question or not. But you have definitely answered mine by asking this question. Many thanks to you.

Here's a prayer to my Master for you:

ਕੰਠਿ ਲਾਇ ਕੈ ਰਖਿਓਨੁ ਲਗੈ ਨ ਤਤੀ ਵਾਉ ਜੀਉ ॥੧੮॥

kanth laae kai rakhioun lagai n thathee vaao jeeo ||18||

Hugging me close in His Embrace, He protects me, and now, even the hot wind does not touch me. ||18||