AKAL ACADEMY

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Here in Atlanta, we have a lot of kids that have been and have come back and kids that are over their right now so i kinda get an inside from them whenever i talk to them. I wish i could say ive gotten mixed feelings but i think i would be lying if i told yall that not more than 2 or 3 out of the 30 few kids that have been their liked it. The main family in Atlanta that is affiliated with Baru Sahb have 4 daughters from 5 years old to 12 years old and a 2 year old Singh. All of the daughters that have gone their and come back to let us know their stories tell us they love it, again im not so sure its true because the whole family is like pro-Baru Sahb and wont let their kids say anything against it.... typical indian parents pressurizing the kids. The son hasnt gone yet but will be going right after his THIRD birthday. I sure didnt want to leave my parents at that age just to get an education even if i was into Sikhi and all that good stuff. Not to say that i never have dreams about going their and taking part in all the tat- sikh rehat mareyada. The daughters on the other hand really seemed to be intrested in telling me their stories, but they really sounded like learning Sikhi and stuff was all a competition. Like their stories included at least 10 words saying, "beat, mareyaa, hareaya". It sounded offensive. On the other hand 4 kids that i know that are my age, 14, and older said it really wasnt worth it at all. One of the Singhs is 16 and went when he was 15. He really hated it. He told me that the amenties that he got their were not found nor nearly reached and that his teachers were totally hard on them even tho

ugh he wasnt at smart as the other kids (coming from GEORGIA the 50th best state for education) and that the worst thing of all were the kids their. He said that because he was from America the kids overtheir minus a few that were from here all hated them. Calling them, gore, and other words that i wont be able to say on this forum. He told me that the kids made him feel unwanted and the teachers didnt do anything to stop them. Isnt taunting and hating mannaa in Sikhi. The others that went their who were 17 and older all said it was worth it for the disipline but since they are in college now they should have stayed here for the education aspect. No offense to anyone on my two cents.

Bhull Chuuk Maaf

dass

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.
    • Leaving aside Guru ji, the general question of taking afeem (opium) in limited quantities for war/medical wounds is simply unproblematic. When you go to the hospital, they give you morphine. What do you think morphine is? It's an opiate. Even codeine (cough syrup) is an opiate! Ever had a cough? Granted, it is against Gurmat to take opium or other drugs for the fun of it.

Important Information

Terms of Use