AKAL ACADEMY

THE AKAL ACADEMY BARU SAHIB

photo_16.jpg

Akal Academy Baru Sahib is a unique institution started to implement the vision and mission of Sant Attar Singh Ji and Sant Teja Singh Ji. It has a conducive environment for the Spiritual, Intellectual and Physical Development of students coming from all parts of India and abroad. Its mission is to produce future leaders imbibed with sterling values of social justice and International Brotherhood; to bring peace and amity by following the Path of Living preached and practiced by the Sikh Gurus and enshrined in the Holy Guru Granth Sahib.

photo_12.jpg

photo_17.jpg

The grooming of students is done by designing a schedule of activities and programmes which emphasise and lay stress on Learning rather than Teaching, Practising rather than Preaching, to reduce the gap between “Kathni”(word) and “Karni”(action).The Annual Calendar of Events is based on Inter-House Competitions including: covering all aspects of Personality Development to ignite the young minds to pursue the area of their individual interests, potentials and strengths; to develop their hidden talents; to acquire a positive outlook and maximise their contributions to humanity in their respective vocations and professions of their own choice.

photo_29.jpg

http://kalgidhartrust.org/AkalAcademyBaruSahib.htm

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've heard a few bad things here, where some kids have left because they don't feel ANY love or anything.. that everything is just a strict, rigid style, with no real comroderie between officials and kids, and no love whatsoever.. where we would think of it as a non-stop samagam, it really isn't... :wub:

i've heard a few bad things here, where some kids have left because they don't feel ANY love or anything.. that everything is just a strict, rigid style, with no real comroderie between officials and kids, and no love whatsoever.. where we would think of it as a non-stop samagam, it really isn't... :wub:

Without love everything will seem dry...I hope this is not the case here.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i've heard a few bad things here, where some kids have left because they don't feel ANY love or anything.. that everything is just a strict, rigid style, with no real comroderie between officials and kids, and no love whatsoever.. where we would think of it as a non-stop samagam, it really isn't...

ehh i hope not .... they look like there in chardi kala .......... and u can wear ur bana freely with out ristrictions.

bhul chuuk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

SaadhRayn Kaur ji welcome back to the forum :wub:

you came back with a post that made my day after i've been to a party of so much paap happenin. seeing so many kids in khalsa saroop brings a smile on my face. i wish i could go to this school so badly.

as for what some ppl are saying bout the place not having love.....i dunno bout that. i juz don't get how there can't be love in a place like this....

it may be because you don't know anybody who's been to the school. i myself don't know anyone, but i'm good friends with someone who's family friends in india went to the school. he came back within a month crying because when he left, he was totally into Sikhi, and when he was there, he lost his love for it, cuz he wasn't shown any of it.

it may be because you don't know anybody who's been to the school. i myself don't know anyone, but i'm good friends with someone who's family friends in india went to the school. he came back within a month crying because when he left, he was totally into Sikhi, and when he was there, he lost his love for it, cuz he wasn't shown any of it.

This might tell us more about why your friend lost interest in Sikhi @ Badu Sahib:

http://www.sikhism101.com/media/06%20-%20B...Singh%20Jee.mp3

There's no doubt that Rehit is strictly enfored there...

Children are made to wake up at amritvela, do abhiyaas, then nitnaem, then kirtan

Then they go to school, then afterwards they attend Diwans, then langar and then rest and in the morning, they again get up for amritveyla :wub:

Perhaps this was the reason why your friend didn't like it there? Who knows how much he was into Sikhi? Let us just look inside ourselves, we all call ourselves Sikh, but how much are we into love with walking up at amritveyla and following other similar routines? Many of us

might get up, but if we happen to miss a day or two, I'm sure we don't care much...

Or maybe the whole 'lost interest in Sikhi' was an excuse to get out of this environment?

Again, no doubt that Badu Sahib is strict, but it doesn't mean it's not good. Bhai Sahib, you are always insisting that we shouldn't judge people without even knowing about them, aren't you doing the same here? If you've got anything against Badu Sahib, why not go there?