Prof Darshan Singh Says No To Tankha

Azaad

Former Akal Takht Jathedar Prof Darshan Singh said today that he would not undergo tankha even if he was excommunicated by the Sikh high priests.

He was declared tankhaiya by the high priests yesterday after he was held guilty in a case pertaining to his alleged blasphemous remarks against Guru Gobind Singh during his discourse at a Rochester (US) gurdwara.

Stating that the religious edict was passed against him without listening to his side of story, Prof Darshan Singh said he had not said anything against the 10th guru and he was his true Sikh.

He said he appeared before Akal Takht yesterday but the clergy wanted him to appear in the Sikh secretariat.

“When Akal Takht is a supreme authority then why should I go to a room and give my point of view? I will never give any value to a room when I believe in the supremacy of Akal Takht. I was there yesterday but they did not turn up there,” he said.

Stating that he valued the tenets of the Sikhism and could never insult the 10th guru, Prof Darshan Singh said he was against some chapters in Dasam Granth, which was being promoted as the second guru after Guru Granth Sahib.

“I have always stated that Dasam Granth was a bigger version of Bachhittar Natak that was always hated by the Sikhs. Now, people do not have time to read Dasam Granth and the clergy is trying that itgets acceptance among the people.

“I will never let this happen and I will never cease to be a Sikh,” he said.

The former Jathedar also said he would appear before Akal Takht on January 7. “But that does not mean they can keep on summoning me again and again. I will go there but not in the secretariat. Whatever decision they take, it is their will,” he added.

even if we knw that ragi is corrupt but he was right about the close room akal takhat. i think it was badal's policy who changed the peshies from Akal Takhat to a close room so that he can actually have all the power in his hands to make any decision. From last 10 years I have seen people talking with disrespect for akal takhat sahib coz the thing is changed. what do u think?

even if we knw that ragi is corrupt but he was right about the close room akal takhat. i think it was badal's policy who changed the peshies from Akal Takhat to a close room so that he can actually have all the power in his hands to make any decision. From last 10 years I have seen people talking with disrespect for akal takhat sahib coz the thing is changed. what do u think?

Nothing is changed. Can you cite a refrence where it says so. Akal takhat always met in closed room and proceedings were in camera.

Akal takhat is not kangaroo court as these rogues want to make it.

If you go Peshi in front of Panj Pyaare. You do it alone, not in the sangat. I don't know if you have taking Amrit or not Sunny_love_kirtan. For example you did Bajarkuret like having sex with somebody just to imagen it, could you do peshi in front of the sangat. I mean sure the panj pyaare are enough to get enough shame.

But if we are talking of peshi does it really matter if it is in the office of Akal takht Sahib or not.

Imagen what if the 5 Pyaare want to watch the Film together with Ragi so he should comment on that what he said, and they don't have a computer in the Takht if you go there where the Darbar ist.

Not every case you judge in the biggest court. In the Court there are smaal courts as well. Not every court has the highest security system.

The main thing for me is. He is acting too much. There is something behind it, otherwise everybody would go to peshi but he is the first one who is acting like this.

sunny it doesnt matter if its changed or not, u shud always go by what the rules are at that point of time. No1 has the right to challange the akal takht. Dumb bandar ragi shud have had his head chopped of. No1 else has challanged it since the rule has been changed - that is if it even did, dont believe that fools words, so who the hell is he to even question it? To much self pride. Hes gona get whats coming. If he was innocent he wud have gone in and given his side of the story, its only a matter of time, hes just delayed wots inevitable- excommuncation from the sikh panth. VJKK VJKF