Human Rights and Sikhs!

Deep Singh

Sat Sri Akal people,

I would like to raise an issue: 'Human Rights and the Sikh freedom movement'.

It is well documented that Sikh militants [Kharkoos] and their families were affected....we know of families who were killed...and people taken to cells...never found again...etc. This also happened to normal people, who were not part of the movement, but were suspected.

BUT, this time i like to ask: The Kharkoos who were involved in the movement....did THEY compit human rights voilation? I have heard of Hindus being killed, buses being stopped etc...and people being lined up and killed. Also bombs killing innocent people. Also Sikhs who were against the movement are said to have been hunted. So, my question is: when we use the -human rights- argument about Sikh homeland and the neccesity for that, are we really forgetting the other side, the abuse faced by non-Khalistanis [both Hindus and Sikhs]? Is it true that Kharkoo did things like this, or were Kharkoo as pure as Amrit (i am translating a punjabi saying)?

any comments?

Guest mehtab
They were not the real kharkoos but GOI sponsored fake militants who disguised themselves as Singhs and killed innocent Hindus and Sikhs only to malign the movement and spoil the image of the Sikh community.

This is the summary of whats gonna be basically said repeatedly in all forthcoming replies.

Sat Sri Akal people,

I would like to raise an issue: 'Human Rights and the Sikh freedom movement'.

It is well documented that Sikh militants [Kharkoos]and their families were affected....we know of families who were killed...and people taken to cells...never found again...etc. This also happened to normal people, who were not part of the movement, but were suspected.

BUT, this time i like to ask: The Kharkoos who were involved in the movement....did THEY compit human rights voilation? I have heard of Hindus being killed, buses being stopped etc...and people being lined up and killed. Also bombs killing innocent people. Also Sikhs who were against the movement are said to have been hunted. So, my question is: when we use the -human rights- argument about Sikh homeland and the neccesity for that, are we really forgetting the other side, the abuse faced by non-Khalistanis [both Hindus and Sikhs]? Is it true that Kharkoo did things like this, or were Kharkoo as pure as Amrit (i am translating a punjabi saying)?

any comments?

The people that went around killing innocent people and also those that wern't were not Amrit Dari but just getting revenge in there own way for our people and also had a different way to get revenge or getting Khalistan most of them were corrupt and they were also fighting over land and stuff in Punjab. wacko.gif

Aha....SO Kharkoo were ALSO commiting human rights voilation!?! ohmy.gif Has the Sikh community apologized to the Hindus who got their families killed...when we are asking Congess to apologize to us! IT DOES NOT MATTER IF THEY WERE AMRITDHARI OR NOT! IT DOES NOT MATTER IF THEY WERE PART OF ONE GROUP OR THE OTHER...THE THING THAT MATTERS IS, ALSO SIKHS DID SOME BAD STUFF. BUT WE ARE ONLY SHOUTING ABOUT THE THINGS COMMITED AGAINST US AND NOT WHAT WAS DONE TO OTHERS.

According to Hindu faith, what the Congressi people did was not right either. But still we blaim the Hindu leaders for 84 killings. The thinking on the other side is: Khalistanis did ethnic cleansing in Punjab. Whether these Khalistanis were True Gursikhs or not...that can't be cleared, it is all hear-say. So, if we want justice, it is also up to us to apologize to Punjabi Hindus and others who faced terror in Punjab.

Aha....SO Kharkoo were ALSO commiting human rights voilation!?!  Has the Sikh community apologized to the Hindus who got their families killed...when we are asking Congess to apologize to us! IT DOES NOT MATTER IF THEY WERE AMRITDHARI OR NOT! IT DOES NOT MATTER IF THEY WERE PART OF ONE GROUP OR THE OTHER...THE THING THAT MATTERS IS, ALSO SIKHS DID SOME BAD STUFF. BUT WE ARE ONLY SHOUTING ABOUT THE THINGS COMMITED AGAINST US AND NOT WHAT WAS DONE TO OTHERS.

According to Hindu faith, what the Congressi people did was not right either. But still we blaim the Hindu leaders for 84 killings. The thinking on the other side is: Khalistanis did ethnic cleansing in Punjab. Whether these Khalistanis were True Gursikhs or not...that can't be cleared, it is all hear-say. So, if we want justice, it is also up to us to apologize to Punjabi Hindus and others who faced terror in Punjab.

We don't need to appologise. Most of the hindus were against Sikhs in punjab you had people that were innocent who also killed Sikhs in groups. As for Sikhs doing bad stuff they were corrupt like the SPGC is in Punjab today they were only after land and trying to get rid of Hindus and make a bad version of Khalistan. Watch Hawieyen even though its a stupid movie but you will get the point its stupid cause its been censored too much and also doesn't explain very well what happened. :T: