my laptop, meri jaaaan

japmans

guys, i don't know what to do.. i'm putting it in general cuz i really need as many people as possible to see this, i have no clue what to do... :wub:

what ahpepened is this:

i had two presentations today. they were powerpoint presentations, and i wasusing school projectors.

one is a really old projection unit, so i had to change my laptop display settings to external monitor, and it worked..

but then for my second presentation later on in the day, i had some new thing, a new epson projection unit, and so i figured i should do the same thing, so i set my settings back to external monitor... it didn't work, nothing showed on the white screen.. so then i went through this whole adventure in finding the old projection unit, the one i used earlier in the day, and hooked it up, but even THIS wasn't working anymore! :)

butt now :lol: :umm: :umm: :( any time i turn on the laptop, all i get is a black screen with just my mouse pointer.. I can't see ANYTHING else..like.. NOTHING.. just a mouse pointer.. the wierd part is that everything is THERE.. like, it's my dad's laptop from the government, so i hafta enter a password by pressing ctrl+alt+delete first (like standard Windows NT stuff.. but it's an XP Professional on the laptop).

like, i can go through the motions, i can press ctrl alt delete, and enter my password, but all the while, i stilll just see my mouse pointer.. when i press ctrl alt delete, it changes into one of those text things... and so i know that stuff exists..

i've tried plugging it into my home monitor.. but that didn't work either...i actually am quite worried, and i'm not sure what to do... when i start the computer right at the start, i can see the

"press f2 for setup" stuff, and when i enter setup, it says that the LCD screen is enabled... if anyone knows what i need to do, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me ASAP! i'm getting super worried, considering it's not my laptop :)

fateh

Guest balwinderkaur

my sympathies to you japman veer....i get equally if not more stressed or upset when my darling laptop or computer acts weird. :wub: