BBC is puppet of India

AK-47

Guys is it just me, or does the bbc have a real problem with sikhs??

Check out the following link, which is their understanding of the attack...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3780105.stm

were apparently militant (gursikh?) sikhs were fighting for a sikh homeland??? Despite sant ji saying that that would only happen AFTER the army attacked, and that up till that point he had no direct wish for seperation.

Also check out the responses page, where people give their experiences about the attack.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asi...sia/3754489.stm

you will see that its preety much mostly non-sikhs having a crack at the singhs and cussing sant jarnail singh ji, I sent a reply but as usual it wont get published. But benti to all the sangat can you all reply on there as many people will think that that bukwas published is true!

Eg of a gapp.... sant ji did this or sant ji was guilty of that..... uptill this very day sant jarnail singh ji has not been charged with a single crime that i am aware off!! when he went to prison for a few days he was released... is that what the americans would do if they got hold of bin laden? ( i am not making comparison, just showing how the indians viewed sant ji at the time)

please please reply and get others to as well, the bbc is huge and we have to try and do something, otherwise people will just accept it, and soon we will be the idiots who are living in a dream world! Please reply and complain to the bbc for the rep

ort.

It remains to be seen what coverage if any the bbc gives to the hyde park demo.... but regardless this above link needs dealing with, so please take 5 mins to type something

Yeh go to the feedback section of the site, its near the bottom of the page, i sent a complaint yesterday, they have not replied yet but at least its been sent.

Please sangat ji, reply back and lets sort the bbc out. They also had that docu on the life on indira gandhi which was shown on bbc 3 earlier this year, and they plan to release iton either bbc 1 or 2 later this year, since it commorates 20 years SINCE HER DEATH!! intresting that no such show was created for the attack on darbar sahib, or any specific docu for the delhi massacres. We gonna get ripped properly later on this year unless we make a stand now.

Its up to you, protest and they might change, do nothing and they do nothing.

Ps a few of us who have replied complaining about the comments section have not had our views put up, so judge what you do from that yourselves.

Why don't you all look at the videos on http://www.saintsoldiers.cjb.net most were made by BBC about bluestar and the aftermath of it and they also have history of sikhs and also human rights. So for those of you who say BBC is a puppet of India then you are just wrong. If they go too deep into bluestar and what happend then riots will start between Sikhs and Hindus like they did in 1984 when BBC reported what happened in Punjab and then the Indian Embassy got stormed. :T:

Check out this site by BBC it gives out different views of Sikhs and what they thought about Bluestar. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3774833.stm If BBC was puppet of India it would have been telling everything from Hindus point of view but it is showing more of a Sikh point of view of the Bluestar so it is more with Sikhs then the Indian Government you can't judge it by one article look at the documentrys they made and also how they covered it in the past and now. :wub:

AK-47 i get where your coming from reading that page but BBC try not to be biased so they give both versions of accounts.

were apparently militant (gursikh?) sikhs were fighting for a sikh homeland??? Despite sant ji saying that that would only happen AFTER the army attacked, and that up till that point he had no direct wish for seperation.

sant ji didnt want khalistan but his followers did, if u listen to some of his speeches he mentions it.

as for the responses on the site well i dont think bbc can tell those people your views are wrong, the indira gandhi prog u talked about also had a singh who defended sant ji on it n he told his version of what sant ji was like.

also you are forgetting that the western world was only going on what the indian govt was telling them as they couldnt get into punjab at the time. and bbc did make progs and documentaries to try n establish the truth.

the bbc documentary on saintsoldiers is a good example of this, they kept that unbiased too there are bits that opposed the khalistan movement (those were cut out from the documentary on saintsoldiers)

Firstly punjabi pred watch your mouth, i dont know who you are, and i havent insulted you, have some respect, if u dnt agree then say so, but dnt try insulting me again.

Many people have complained to the bbc regarding this and other prev reports etc, but none had recieved a single reply. Look again at the replies on the personal views page, its full of crap, again many sikhs posted their points but these were again not displayed.

You tell me is it legal to claim that somebody is a terrorist etc and to name them in incidents when there has never been any evidence to back those claims? Some of the writers on that page refer to sant ji in this way, personally i dont like that and i'll do what i can do stop it, if u aint bothered than so be it. The bbc monitors every msg that goes up on that board, so to me if they allow somebody to claim that sant ji was a terrorist then they must deem that as a suitable opinion. But if i was to argue against that then my reply is blocked.

The bbc base most of their reports on Mark Tully, and most sikh writers dismiss his work as mostly biased and innacurate.

Most docu's will always give what we percieve to be both sides of the story, but it is always obvious which side they lean towards as being the 'right' version.

Like you said they had one singh giving his account of sant jarnail singh ji. Have you seen other docu's which are similar where the main point is to defame somebody and then they have one or two supporters backing him up. These are usually made out to be simple guys who are ardent followers and hence in the same category as the leader. Their view has little empahsis since you have so called experts

and officials giving their educated and civilised views.

So i'll stand by my view that the bbc and other media networks are puppets of international communities such as the indians and will favour them over the so called minority 'seperatist' groups, we are now all getting dumped into the 'terrorist' category and nobody has any sympathies for them.

And finally punjabi pred, what ARE you on about?? You trying to say that we shouldnt get too deep into the bluestar facts due to fear of riots?!!? Tell you what why not just forget it all, leave it alone?? So it would be better to just cover it all up?

Regarding some of the singh's calling for khalistan, yes thats true, bhai amrik singh ji himself was in favour of khalistan, which was partly one of the reasons that led to his arrest, but fact remains that at the time the leader had not declared any movement for independance, and hence no actual movement had started, therefore is it incorrect to say that people inside the akal takhat were fighting for a seperate sikh homeland.

AK-47 you don't look at other stuff you just read one article and declared "BBC is puppet of India" First of all they don't mention terrorists in the article anywhere they refer to them as militants. They are not going to call them freedom fighters because they don't know what happened in 1984 Operation Blue Star. They only have what the Indian Government told them when it happened which was we killed 200 terrorists and also 1-2 innocent people by mistake. As for the comments being blocked i don't see that i seen lots of sikhs and hindus post there own views i'll share some of them with you since you say they are blocked

"The attack on the Golden Temple and the follow up but less reported Operation Woodrose (the killing of Sikh youth in the countryside of Punjab) was one of the worst crimes against hummanity in modern India. My uncle was in Amritsar during Bluestar and he saw the tanks and heard the bombardment of the Temple by the Indian army. Many Sikhs who were outraged by the attack were killed by the army when they ried to march to the Golden Temple. Only one journalist escaped being thrown out of the Punjab (Brahma Chellaney of Associated Press)and he reported in The Times that Sikh civilians had their hands tied with there turbans and shot. Most of the killing of civilians and the burning of the Sikh reference library by the army took place after the Temple was in the army control.

Davinder Singh, UK"

"All the comments that I read are generally about the agony of the families who lost their kin and about the mindless killing by Indian Army. Although the loss of life is regrettable, but nobody seems to care to know the other side of

the story. Bhindranwale was about to declare a sovereign Khalistan state at the time of the operation. There were reports that Pakistan army would have supported him and crossed border into Punjab to avenge the Bangladesh episode of 1971. The allegience of Punjab police cadres was in doubt. Had the declaration of Khalistan happened, Indian army would have been seen suppressing the ordinary citizens. Frankly speaking I cannot imagine any country which would have allowed that to happen. India is a more benign country that sends army to trouble hit areas only after water has crossed nose. Imagine the same circumstances had repro'ed in ANY other country of the world and the operation Blue Star would have happened much earlier. Just my 2 cents.

bc, Chicago, Us"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asi...sia/3754489.stm

I see many people posting there replys and also talking Khalistan and Bhindrawale. AK-47 even if you go deep into bluestar and found out that the Indian Government did this and that what are you going to do about it? Most likely nothing most Sikhs don't even care much about Bluestar all they do is blame it on Bhindrawale everything that happened was his fault thats what they say and think. You had 200 people fighting the Indian Army and where was the rest of the people either hiding or something they should have been there and helped out maybe then we wouldn't have to remember this event every year which has made Sikhi look bad. AK-47 you should do more research and then call someone or something a puppet if i did what you were doing i would have been calling Bhindrawale an agent of Gandhi which is what some of our people think because it was all over the Indian news during 1980's. Since i did more research and stuff into it i then found out that Gandhi just made that stuff up. Some of you if you don't understand some people in the past like Zail Singh, Bhindrawale, or other

people then do research and see why they did what they had to do and were they good or bad in for our people. Don't judge someone because of one thing get lots of facts and opinions behind you before you judge someone. :wub:

AK-47 you are right about one thing some media are against Sikhs and i'll post some links if i can find them they are against Khalistan and Bhindrawale and even call him a terrorist. BBC is still doing a good job showing more of a Sikh side you won't find any article in BBC that labels us as terrorists and watch the videos on http://www.saintsoldiers.net they still did a good job showing Sikhs point of view when they could have also covered it up like India did or show a proper hindu supporting view of Operation Blue Star. If you look at other news they will either say terrorists did this and that in 1984 and then the Indian Army stormed the Golden Temple or they will say only a few people died in Operation Blue Star. :wub: