Sponsored Climb Up Kilimanjaro

Dev1975

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the spam, I will be climbing Kilimanjaro later this year with a group of friends. The aim is to raise money and awareness for Everyman Cancer Research and to that end, I have put together a Just Giving page to collect donations. I would really appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to go visit my sponsorship page and help me to reach my target for Everyman. If you know of other people who would be happy to sponsor me, then please feel free to pass the link on.

Mod's, if I have broken any forum rules by posting this then I do apologise and please feel free to either close or move this topic to the relevant location.

Thank you for your time,

Dev

http://www.justgiving.com/KilimanjaroEverymanDev

Cheers guys, I'm hoping that I make it up to the summit!! :)

Just for my own curiosity reason.. how much training needed to do such huge task? how many days it will take to climb that mountain (im guessing more than a week)?

The climb is in 7 months time and I'm already training for it by doing a lot of walking, using the treadmill down the gym and doing exercises to help strengthen my legs. The climb itself should take about a week, we're starting on the 15th of September and we should reach the summit at sunrise on the 23rd. There are other routes to climb the mountain in a shorter timeframe but we want to minimise the possibility of altitude sickness hitting, hence the slightly longer trail. I'll be updating my charity page with some videos of training and stuff like that, so feel free to check the page out every so often.