A Must Have For All Uk Sikhs

BhaiSukhSingh

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah

Sangat jee i read a few weeks a go how our fellow brother was set upon in a libary for havings his kirpan well i have a print out i always keep with me we should always know our rites half these police offiers dnt know the law.

Most officers dnt know the difference betweena Sikh and a Arab all the see is a F£$EN TERRORIST here is a link for pdf version of the law for wear a religious arifact print out give it to ur mom father grandfather and mother who may not know what to say when a copper says take off the "WEAPSON"

not all police r ethincally uneducated but most r n if they see a knife expect to get hostility once again this is what i got:

LINK FOR PDF http://www.davidappleton.co.uk/bbforum/cja1988_s139_card.pdf

CJA 1988 – Section 139: Offence of having article with blade or point in

public place

(1) Subject to subsections (4) and (5) below, any person who has an article to which this

section applies with him in a public place shall be guilty of an offence.

(2) Subject to subsection (3) below, this section applies to any article which has a blade or

is sharply pointed except a folding pocketknife.

(3) This section applies to a folding pocketknife if the cutting edge of its blade exceeds 3

inches.

(4) It shall be a defence for a person charged with an offence under this section to prove

that he had good reason or lawful authority for having the article with him in a public

place.

(5) Without prejudice to the generality of subsection (4) above, it shall be a defence for a

person charged with an offence under this section to prove that he had the article with

him —

a. for use at work;

b. for religious reasons; or

c. as part of any national costume.

(6) A person guilty of an offence under subsection (1) above shall be liable -

a. on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months,

or a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum, or both;

b. on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two

years, or a fine, or both.

(Continues overleaf)

(7) In this section “public place” includes any place to which at the material time the public

have or are permitted access, whether on payment or otherwise.

(8) This section shall not have effect in relation to anything done before it comes into force.

Once again please hand out at Gurdwara give to elders bros sis n even give it to ur local police station so they no wats wat n whos who with Sikhi

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah