Kara :S

soorma18

Just a question,

The Kara is one of the panj kakaar and the panj kakaar are for amritdhaari people who have been initiated into the khalsa. But nearly every sikh regardlless of whether they are amritdhaari or not wear a kara which is weird. I wear one myself and im not amritdhaari and i havent really havent really thought about it before. Has it always been that everyone has always wore a kara regardless of whether they are amrit dhaari or not?

Also the same goes for using singh and kaur in our names. Werent these given to guru gobind singh ji to the khalsa and not any aam lok?

sorry if anything ive said has offended anyone,that wasnt my intetion,im just learning :)

Now even Hindus(Sindhis,Gujratis) i have seen wearing Karas.

Kara is a sign of Kshtari(Warrior Symbol).

Even if amm lok wears the Kakars of Sikh or use Singh or Kaur even if they are not AmritDhari-Doesnot really serves the purpose mentioned by SGGSji(Peevo Amrit Sadda Raho Har Rang,Japeo Sarang Paani).

THey Need to Take Amrit from 5 Pyare inorder to awaken the Inside Amrit of Our Spiritual Body. Doesnot Make A great Deal what they wear or not.

Remember that Sakhi- Foxes started wearing a Skin of Lions...........