Amitabh Bachchan: Sikh Blood In Me Beckons

SikhSeeker

In light of the Court proceedings against Sajjan Kumar, the same Amitabh Bachchan who following the assassination of Indira Gandhi incited mobs to attack Sikhs, now states:

Amitabh Bachchan wants to pay homage at Golden Temple, Sikh blood in me beckongs

Punjab Newsline Network

Wednesday, 03 March 2010

By Gurpreet SIngh Mehak

FATEHGARH SAHIB: Bollywood star Amitabh Bachchan wants to pay homage at Golden Temple, Amritsar. Bachchan expressed this desire on his blog www.bigb.bigadda.com. Bachchan recently posted his views on his blog , Abhishek shoots Bingo in the Holy City of Amritsar and his sister Shweta joins him to pay homage and prayer at the Harmandir Saheb.

I wish I could do the same, but am unable to.

Soon however I shall find the time. Or as they say in such situations, when the time comes He will call you and providence shall make the right moves and ways to permit us to do so. The Sikh blood in me beckons and I must honor it. It is rather strange, but in the last few months, my attraction and interest towards my Sikh links, attain some prominence and I feel drawn towards it. Two lockets of Guru Nanak ji, Sacche Padsha, are constant on my neck - one a gift from Guddi Behenji my cousin, daughter of my Mothers elder sister Gobind Masi ji and the other I found as a gift to me that was lying on my desk unnoticed. Now they both adorn my neck. Raj Kanwar, one of Abhisheks early directors had presented me with a photograph of all the Guru jis and they now are with me at my place of worship. I seek blessings from them each morning - Sat Naam Wahe Guru , I recite, as I touch their images and a strange sense of fulfillment and strength consumes me.

Faith has such immense propensities. It draws one in unbelievable directions and then in one fell stroke disciplines you, in belief and in divinity. That moment of divinity remains with you forever.

It never leaves you. Its umbilical cord attached to our system almost till eternity. We rely on it, seek from it strength and prosperity and fulfillment. What we seek really is in fact within us, strong and of immense magnitude. We merely need that little push to set us going. He then, in many diverse versions enters our systems, and quietly and in all modesty, begins to affect our lives and our existence.

It is therefore our faith and belief that then becomes bigger and larger than any thing else. We are ready then to take on whatever comes our way - good bad indifferent !

Good is good ! The other two perhaps bad and indifferent …

But not quite as indifferent as other occasions …

So in order that I do not propagate, what really should be an individual opinion, act, decision should be from within from your own …

It may be mentioned here that Amitabh mother late Teji Bachchan, belonged to a Sikh family.

http://www.punjabnewsline.com/content/view/23856/38/

Convenient of him to remember his 'sikh blood' now. Where was that same 'sikh blood' in November 1984? The real blood of Sikhs was soaking the streets of Delhi and numerous other places in India whist Amitabh the PC was busy congratulating Rajiv on his actions. Don't worry Amitabh, the Courts are unlikely to do anything to Sajjan Kumar let alone you.....so you can sell your lockets on ebay.

• 2 weeks later...

Convenient of him to remember his 'sikh blood' now. Where was that same 'sikh blood' in November 1984? The real blood of Sikhs was soaking the streets of Delhi and numerous other places in India whist Amitabh the PC was busy congratulating Rajiv on his actions. Don't worry Amitabh, the Courts are unlikely to do anything to Sajjan Kumar let alone you.....so you can sell your lockets on ebay.

well he's pretty scared of some of the hindutva groups trying to kill him hence why trying to reconnect with his sikh roots

• 4 weeks later...

I said it before I say it again the Sikh Community should allow and support free movement of all those accused in the anti Sikh riots of 1984, look what the US courts are doing to Kamal Nath.

I also stated before Rob Marris MP Wolverhampton South West is no friend of the Sikhs!

Kamal Nath summoned by US court for alleged role in anti-Sikh riots

7 Apr 2010, 1200 hrs IST,PTI

NEW YORK: Road Transport and Highways Minister Kamal Nath has been summoned by a US federal district court for his alleged role in the 1984

anti-Sikh riots based on a case filed by a Sikh outfit.

In the civil case filed under the Alien Torts Claims Act, the petitioners sought compensatory and punitive damages for several allegations including crimes against humanity, degrading treatment and wrongful killing.

However, Nath, who is incidentally here on a visit, said he was "surprised and appalled" as the case has been filed 25 years after the anti-Sikh riots in India.

"I really have no clue about it. I don't have a basis and I don't know the authenticity. I don't know the validity. It was for the first time that I saw it," Nath told PTI when asked to comment on the case.

Nath has been served a notice and has to respond within 21 days failing which the court will give a default judgment on the matter.

The minister said that he would have to study the matter further.

"A piece of paper was given to me. I will have to see what the piece of paper is all about," he said.

Nath stressed that he had never been charged in any court and questioned why these allegations were being raised more than two decades after the tragedy and that too in a foreign land.

"Nobody has ever charged me in India. But if the United States charges me 25 years later for something that has happened in India...well it just reflects on the authenticity," he said.

"For the last 25 years I wasn't involved...suddenly in 2010 I get involved...There was nobody who stood up and said that he was a victim or that I was in any way connected. So I'm surprised and appalled."

The case has been filed by two Sikhs, Jasbir Singh and Mahinder Singh on behalf of the New York based organisation, Sikhs for Justice.

Their attorney Gurpatwant Pannun claimed Jasbir lost 24 members of his family and Mahinder, who was two-years-old then, lost his father.

"In India it is impossible to hold human rights violators," Pannun told PTI.

The Sikh group said that they are acting now because they have given up hope for action to be taken in India.

"We waited for all these years because commissions were being set up...there was hope but because of his position Kamal Nath has successfully avoided justice for 25 years," said Pannun.

• 6 months later...