Hindu Boy not allowed to stay in Khalsa school

Jassika

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

veer je, first of all, we have to leave this idea of wat a religious school is

a khalsa school shud be something that teaches people the things i said before, while giving em education

sikhs CANNOT by maryada force anything relgious on someone else

thats the end of story

we cant force the religious things on this boy

that totally goes against wat guru tegh bahadur stood for

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veer ji, I don't believe we're forcing our religion upon him. Just by wearing a pauge, it doesn't make someone a sikh. Think of the countless people that claim to be sikhs, and yet cut their hair, eat meat, drink, and go out to 'party'. How are they sikhs, if all they do is wear a pauge? The same applies here. Just by making someone wear a pauge, they aren't a sikh. We aren't making this boy take amrit, wear five k's, and obey all sikh laws.

I'm not sure which way to think its tricky. I wouldn't normally say that anyone should conform to religious rules that they're not a part of but I think religious schools are different.

For example I go to a girls school that calls itself 'christian' like most schools in the UK do, however I wear a hijab, and there are two young girls in the school that wear sikh turbans (sorry dont know the proper word for it blush.gif ), and at the same time people wear their crosses.

But on the other hand I think a proper religious school whether its a Sikh, Muslim, Hindu or a Christian convent school is a bit different. It makes me wonder though if the parents aren't happy that he would have to follow Sikh uniform requirements in the school, why don't they just send him to a different school? Bit hard to decide not knowing the whole story, i'm still divided on whether he should or not :T: rolleyes.gif

Smart Singh veerji,

i did read that thread and wrote this reply after that. No offense veerji, but i fail to see the connection between a Hindu given his right to follow his religion (not follow other religions) and Sikhs not following their religion. So if Hindus are not given the right to follow their religion, would that mean that all Sikhs will start to follow their religion?

why not just let the hindu kid kinda turn into sikhi by himself. we all know how uplifting it can be with hundreds of singhs and singhnees around you so personally i think and pray that the kid will turn to sikhi himself.. patience is a virtue

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

veerje ill never pray he becomes a SIKH, its his dhram and he has full rite to follow jee :wub: infact ill pary that he gets his collage admission being a GOOD ,RESPECTED HINDU my 2 cents bhul chuk khemaa ^_^