Naam: Everyone Will Cry

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

In the 1920-30s there was an English captain who had a very spiritual mind set although he was not aligned to any religion in particular. One time as he had set sail in the Indian Ocean with the rest of his crew the ship hit some problems during bad weather. As a consequence of this he issued an order for the crew to abandon the ship. Rather than think about saving himself the captain went around the ship looking for crew members whilst constantly keeping the name of Akaal Purakh on his lips.

As he was doing this he kept humbly doing an ardas to Akaal Purakh to save his ship. By keeping the name of Akaal Purakh the captain felt Waheguru’s presence and went into great Anand. Needless to say the ship did not sink. How could it when Akaal Purakh himself was holding it?

When the captain reached India he decided to do a yatra of all the major religious asthans to see if he could experience that same Anand. The captain visited many deras, churches, mosques and mandirs. Eventually he found his way to Punjab and the home of Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Raam Das Ji Maharaj, Sachkhand Sri Darbar Sahib Ji.

As the captain entered Sachkhand Sri Darbar Sahib Ji he felt that same Anand emitting from the house of Guru Sahib and tears began to fall from his eyes. After bowing in reverence to Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj the captain began to walk around the parkarma in the wrong direction. He was met by the Saint Scholar Dr Bhai Vir Singh Ji.

The captain narrated his story to Bhai Sahib and told him how his sister was the one who initially told him to repeat the name of Akaal Purakh. The captain said, “My sister Julia was a very spiritually driven person who told me that whenever I was in trouble I should repeat the name of God as this is the only thing which could provide people with aid. She used to keep a mala and constantly repeat God’s name.”

The captain went on to share stories of his sister and her discourses. One of these discourses that he told to Bhai Sahib was as follows: “One day when I was speaking to my sister she told me that people who repeat the name of God will cry and those who don’t repeat the name of God will also cry!”

Bhai Sahib looked at the captain and asked him to explain. The captain went on and said, “I too did not understand but my sister said that those who repeat the name of God will cry as they will regret the time that they wasted in not repeating his name. Those who don’t repeat the name of God will cry once they leave this earth when they find out that the name of God is the only thing which could have saved them”.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh