Sikh Dating - Help

Astral

Hi, Im a sikh and so is my GF. 18

We been dating for almost a year.

I wear pugg, dont eat meat, dont drink, no shave etc ... So im pretty good. Dont know if im amrit shak etc later.

But my GF does eat meat/drink .. Is this wrong for me to date her, we really like each other. I know sex before marriage is wrong, so i dont ...

Is this wrong for me to go out with her..

(And p.s. what if we were to get married, and stuff .. would this be bad, with her eating/drinking and me not.. :/)

She really love me, and so do I really love her.

hi paaji, my opnion is as long as u both love each other, maybe later on she may give up eating meat and th drink thing. why dont u try to talk to her about it, and how u feel, why are u asking other people if it is bad? If somebody asked u to jump off a cliff, would u? Noooo right, the decision is urs, and u have not amrit shak yet, so u may persuade her to stop eatin meat n drinkin too. Express ur opnions and views to her, wat do u want?

As far as from wat i know if one partner is amritdhari then the other tends to become too, apologise if anybody is different. dont take this lightly as takin amrit is not a game.

If u love each truly then im sure there maybe some sacrifices to be made.

Hope all goes well..

If u love each truly then im sure there maybe some sacrifices to be made.

100% true. But this should be a two way thing. Look don't get me wrong. Not with regards to your faith, stick to your beliefs, but if you ask so much from her, surely if she disapproves of some your habits, make a compromise. If you experience true love, you will be very fortunate - don't waste the chance you have. You may regret it, and then settle for second best later in life. So I think your first instinct, is normally right. If you think she is the only one for you, who you will love, start a family with and stick with forever, go for it. Obviosly she may have some undesirable qualities in alot of peoples eyes, but people can change. No one human being on this planet alive today is a true saint (i'dont think anyway, if so please who are they?). So as Christians say (not exact 100% quote) 'may the one who is without sin cast the first stone'. I know this is a Sikh site but the message behind is universal. They may also be something in Guru Ji with the same message. If anyone knows can they please quote it.