Lacking The Sikhi Spirit !

wjkk wjkf ,

I am 20 year old male , I keep my kes . But I am not amritdhari . My past is bad experience . I feel like "murda dilli" ( disheartened ) . I want that I also have sikhi spirit and courage of sikhi in me , so people can inspire from me also .

but , I feel too confused at the moment . I am 5' 5" tall . I dont have a good body because never been to gym .

I have sort of inferiority complex . All non sense problems . Anybody in Khalsa bhaichara to help me with life ? what i should do ?

Bul chuk maaf jee mellow.gif

THAT IS why I wrote my username as "Trying to be Khalsa" , because I am an aspirant for that. sleep.gif

paaji, plz dont feel underestimate ur value as a person, im sure u have qualities that others dont have, and regarding th height, dont worryyy im shorter than u, there u go..

height, features, all this means nothin to god. dont worry abt wat ppl think, and dont worry abt ur past, look towards changing, im not amritdhari either, but one thing i know is in this world u have to plz god, not ppl, ppl come n go, u will meet many across ur journey of life.

Feel comfortable within urslf, and try to do simran and path, all u need to know is that god loves u and thts it, everything else is cool.

maybe u could try goin for a walk then take it from there, exercise little and then try to do more.

Listen to sukhmani sahib ji path or try to do urslf, any path watever ur comfortable with, try to get out, if u are physically able to, fresh air does gud, even if its just walkin around th shops or library, or go where there is nature, such as birds, ducks, etc, where u can relax ur mind.

U are strong paaji, u will inspire others...all th best....

wjkk wjkf ,

I am 20 year old male , I keep my kes . But I am not amritdhari . My past is bad experience . I feel like "murda dilli" ( disheartened ) . I want that I also have sikhi spirit and courage of sikhi in me , so people can inspire from me also .

but , I feel too confused at the moment . I am 5' 5" tall . I dont have a good body because never been to gym .

I have sort of inferiority complex . All non sense problems . Anybody in Khalsa bhaichara to help me with life ? what i should do ?

Bul chuk maaf jee mellow.gif

THAT IS why I wrote my username as "Trying to be Khalsa" , because I am an aspirant for that. sleep.gif

Ji,

What is it that you aspire to do/be... What inspires you?

Perhaps while you were growing up, you were surrounded by thoughts or ideas of 'lack', 'can not be done', etc.

Removing these subconscious programs, requires being in a state of positivity, and being on the path to

achieving that which you desire.

Very similar to yourself, I thought that I am a vegetarian, I am short ~5'6, and a natural weight lifter, but that didnt

stop me from making a website about Sikh fitness/health, and achieving my career goals.

At times I had thoughts as well, and these were very much negative beliefs, that I can't do certain things

because I have limitations placed upon me in my life. However, in reality, I knew deep within I did not believe

in these things. Because, I have been placed on God's Green Earth to do something positive.

FOr example, look back to when you were a youngster. Perhaps you enjoyed certain things more than others, and while

you grew up perhaps these changed. However, you know you have a natural inclination towards these things.

Perhaps, it is reading books, or even reading books to others. Can you start getting involved in your community at this leveL?

There are many hospices or care centers, that encourage youth to be involved volunteering with such simple activities.

I recall recently hearing a statement regarding ancient Egyptian belief about what it will be like when this life ends.

Apparently, they believed that you will be asked 2 questions upon the end of life.

1. DId you experience Joy in your life?

2. Did you bring Joy to the life of others?

Pretty profound statements don't you think.

When it comes to being a Sikh, it is difficult to see or experience God's Working hand in our lives, unless we actually

choose to live our lives to the fullest. We aught to bring Love to that which we do in our daily lives.

Past experiences do not define the future. But if we choose to hang on to negative conditioned beliefs, they can

re-create our past experiences over and over, if you will. Even if you move to another city, and think you can obtain

a new lease on life, it will not happen. Not until there is a fundamental change in our foundational beliefs. Beliefs

that can carry us forward. If you Trust in God, within your heart, believe that whatever endeavour you partake upon

will come to Fruition, it probably will. If you Believe that God can choose you as a candidate to take upon a

path that will allow you to Experience His Love more fully, then be patient and look for signs that God is letting

you know that you are almost ready. God knows very much what we can handle, so we have to work hard

if we want to take on a lot more on our shoulders.

If I were you, I would actually sit down with a pen and paper (not a computer screen), and write down the things

you like to do, what you believe in, and what you wish to accomplish, both worldy and Spiritually. See

what really gets you Fired up and motivated, and start looking for pathways to lead you to happiness.

You are personally responsible for everything that happens in your life, as long as you are aware of that fact.

You may not be responsible for the conditions of your life, but you can choose how to respond within those circumstances.

Gurfateh

WJKK WJKF!

Veerji, don't feel disheartened! Soon Waheguru Ji will bless you with Amrit too. And past experiences....too often we hold so tightly to our past that we don't see the doors that are open for us and completely ignore our future. Veerji, not everyone is perfect and once you take one step towards Guru ji He will take millions of steps towards you. And lacking in Sikh Spirit? In fact, the very fact that you are thriving to become a Khalsa shows that there is a lot of Sikhi spirit in you just waiting to be taken out in the open.

What I would say is keep your rehit, do naam abiyaas, learn gurbani and very soon people will automatically be inspired from just your jeevan. You would not even need to say a word to anyone. Ik Gursikh da jeevan hi aiho jeha hunda hai ke ik gursikh lakhan nu apne naal bina kuch daseya ja pucheya hi jorr lenda hai!

Waheguru Kirpa karan,

Bhul Chuk Khima,

WJKK WJKF! smile.gif

WJKK WJKF!

Veerji, don't feel disheartened! Soon Waheguru Ji will bless you with Amrit too. And past experiences....too often we hold so tightly to our past that we don't see the doors that are open for us and completely ignore our future. Veerji, not everyone is perfect and once you take one step towards Guru ji He will take millions of steps towards you. And lacking in Sikh Spirit? In fact, the very fact that you are thriving to become a Khalsa shows that there is a lot of Sikhi spirit in you just waiting to be taken out in the open.

What I would say is keep your rehit, do naam abiyaas, learn gurbani and very soon people will automatically be inspired from just your jeevan. You would not even need to say a word to anyone. Ik Gursikh da jeevan hi aiho jeha hunda hai ke ik gursikh lakhan nu apne naal bina kuch daseya ja pucheya hi jorr lenda hai!

Waheguru Kirpa karan,

Bhul Chuk Khima,

WJKK WJKF! smile.gif

Thank you preeto !!! smile.gif

Thanks other veer and penji's also ! More reply's , let them come in , I check later

Hi Paji,

I'm not amritdari yet either....hopefully one day Waheguru will bless me with this honour too.

My best advice to you is if at first the dont succeed try, try and try again

For example the first time i tried to turn veggie about 3 years ago it was soo hard, i couldnt do it. Then a year and a half ago i tried again and i manged to keep it up, but then i felt really weak all the time becuase i wasnt replacing that protein so i started eating eggs again and i kept that up for just over a year. It's been about a month now since i've given up egg again, and now i've learnt how to eat the right foods to get everything the body needs, with waheguru's kirpa i'm ok now :D but it took 3 attempts, over just as many years.

It might take 2, 3 4 or countless attempts, but just keep trying.....i think as long as you keep that hunger, guru ji will bless you with amrit one day!

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh