Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale Info on Wikipedia

kings99

Doing a serach on Wikipedia (an encyclopedia website) for Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale, brings up this website: Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale Info on Wikipedia.

This in my view is insulting! Is there anyway to copy and paste the the info about Saint Soldiers on Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale Saint Soldiers - Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale to replace these lies?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

1st things first. welcomeani.gif . Secondly, I think everyone should contact the webmaster and complain, especially since they said some bad stuff. Saying he's from Damdami Taksal is one thing, calling Damdami Taksal a radical orginzation and making it look like Indira Gandhi invaded Amritsar because of him is a completley diffrent thing.

The definition says:

Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale was the leader of Damdami taksal, a Sikh organization based in the Punjab. He became famous in the late 1970s as a religious preacher. It is said that soon he got involved in state politics and revived the demand of a separate Sikh state. This sort of news has comout only after Operation Bluestar in 1984. There is no proof that he actually demanded a seperate state. His influence grew so fast that the political leadership saw him as danger to themselves. He preached the teachings of the Sikh Gurus, and asked the people to stand up to the oppression they faced.

He established his headquarters in the Golden Temple, located in Amritsar. When the Prime Minister of India, Indira Gandhi, decided to storm the temple to have him evicted, a fierce battle broke out in which hundreds of people died including Bhindranwalae. He became a martyr in eyes of most Sikhs. An army of 50,000 was called in to rid the Golden Temple of 200 followers of Sant Jarnail Singh Ji. 15,000 Sikhs were killed by the Indian Army. It was and still is a great day of shame for India and the Indian Army.

I feel the definition gives utmost respect to sant bhindrawale and is not at all objectionable

1) They call him a religious preacher

2)They call him martyr in eyes of most

Sikhs

3) They give a correct figure of 15000 Sikhs that were killed in OP BS

4)They call it a shameful day for India and its army

5) they give him respect putting 'Ji' at the end of his name

6) they say he asked people to fight oppression

What more do u want from Independent Media???

I think it is a wonderful description of sant jee by an international agency

Guys i think you don't know what WIKIPEDIA is about....it is NOT like any other encyclopedia....here ANYONE can add any article on ANY subject and ANYONE can edit any article on ANY subject....so in other words....if there is ome bad on wiki about Sikhs, just hit the edit button and edit it.. :wub: )

and check out these articles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikh

they are probably written by some Sikhs... rolleyes.gif

Guys i think you don't know what WIKIPEDIA is about....it is NOT like any other encyclopedia....here ANYONE can add any article on ANY subject and ANYONE can edit any article on ANY subject....so in other words....if there is ome bad on wiki about Sikhs, just hit the edit button and edit it.. :wub: )

and check out these articles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikh

they are probably written by some Sikhs... rolleyes.gif

Ya bro, i agree wit you! This is written really great... and look at the wicked links on the bottom of the page !!! :)

Is sikhsangat.com there tongue.gif

Hello.

I originally posted my message because i was deeply offended by what was written on the Wiki profile for Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale Ji. Imagine what would happen if someone wrote that the holocaust didn't really happen, and Hitler was innocent.

Today i decided to check if it had changed. I know someone put this Saint Soldiers - Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale on there which i though was a better description of what a great and influential man he was. It now has been changed, most likely be someone at Wiki. It know says Latest Wiki Page This i think is possibly a more fair and balanced view (though not the one id like to see). If you click on edit you get the message "This page has been locked to prevent editing. There are a number of reasons why this may be so; please see Wikipedia:This page is protected" A previous version, changed after i posted on here but before the latest page was put (sorry if this is confusing :wub: ) said: The greatest sikh hero of the 20th centuary. The 14th jathedar of Dam Dami Taksal. It was changed, Wiki says because: Please do not insert your opinions into Wikipedia articles. Thanks --"<admin-profanity filter activated>" CHENEY 16:38, 16 Jun 2004 (UTC)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!