Freedom Of Speech Spokesman Think It Applies To Them Only

Today we have a news in Punjabi Spokesman criticizing publication of "Prachin Panth prakash"

written by Ratan singh bhangu(sometimes aroung 1860-1870) .The contention of the writer

of the news article is that it contains derogatory and anti Gurmat ideas attributed to Baba

Banda Singh ji . Ihave read the book from 1st to last page , the comments ascribed are to

an extent true, but (I) the SGPC has been publishing the book since long the preface clearly

describing that the book is completely unabridged ie no part has been deleted , the editing

of only matras and missing letters in mss have been undertaken which means that the editors

and the publishers have tried to put the book before public as it was written by the author.

the author hailing from the family of Bhai Mehtab Singh (who was part of the duo who killed

Massa Ranghar in Darbar Sahib ) was a good source of sikh history during his lifetime,

agreeing some of the incidents described by him may not be true, he may have personal bias

against some sects (as the Spokesman team too has), but we cannot dismiss every word

written by the author.

most of all , like Joginder Singh , Kala Afgana and likes , Ratan Singh bhangu too had the right

to speak, write and express what he thought correct.Is not it the double standard being shown

by the people named above ? they dismiss all the historic works of sikh history , be it Suraj

Prakash , Guru Mahima , Mahima Prakash, Guru Bilas , Panth Prakash . Even I myself do consider

some of the incidents described in these books incorrect, but cannot deny the importance of these

books as valuable source of sikh history.

Does these guys at work in The Spokesman think that they are the only learned people (past

present and Future ) born in Sikh Families

Sorry if some one finds my views offeding

WJKK WJKF