How Can We Turn The Sikh Community Into Leaders And Soldiers Again

i believe for sikhs the peak of our power and strength came 1839 and after that we bin going downhill since as a community

how can we become a community filled with leaders and soldiers in each aspect of life from buisness medicine politics sports army and so on

Down hill from 1839, have you heard of the SaintSoldiers that took over in the 1980s and 1990s. Sant Jarnail SIngh ji Khalsa gave the oppressed people a platform to speak from and be heard.

Listening to Sant Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa katha is a great place to start.

i believe for sikhs the peak of our power and strength came 1839 and after that we bin going downhill since as a community

how can we become a community filled with leaders and soldiers in each aspect of life from buisness medicine politics sports army and so on

Knock on people's doors, give them a kick up the a** and tell them to fix up look sharp! laugh.gif

i truly believe after disarmament in this country the least we should know is self defence and how to use hand held weapons (obv. not guns!)

Guest shastr

not worrying about business medicine politics sports and army, leaving all these things aside and first trying to become a sikh of the guru, that might give us a chance at being soldiers. and yea, only 5 paji had good comment, sant ji's speeche and katha are a really good place to start. we need a soldier to follow. right now we are all sheep, we need a lion to follow.

we talk about business, how many punjabi business men have ever done a sehaj paath in life? what about punjabi doctors, have they had santhiya? and politics? i highly doubt any of our policital leaders have any clue sikh rehat maryada. come on now, we speak of being sikhs and soldiers, yet we dont follow the same path as previous sikhs and previous soliders. we want to lead our community, most of us cant even lead our own households, let alone the neighborhood.

if we want anything, we will have to go into puraatan mentality, puraatan thinking.

most of us on this site prolly dont even do nitnem in the morning, (like me) and yet we are here telling others off.

WJKK WJKF

Incorrect peak power of strength is with the sikhs at all times 24*7 with hazara hazoor SGGS, however sikhs seem to disarray from SGGS and core values through different periods. Biggest issue criticism and nindia we are the best at this and need to stop it asap to progress as Bhagat Fareed mentions in SGGS:

"KHAK NA NINDIYEE KHAKHU JED NA KOYE" which means " Fareed do not slander even the dust,nothing is as great as dust.When we are alive,it is under our feet and when we are dead it's above us!!"

Solution:

Every sikh has to follow the core values of sikhe by being pro active on them and not reactive.Most of our failings are due to being reactive as most people are based on feelings without the thought of values.

i need to be more clearn

when i say we reached our peak i mean 1839 was our peak as in when we were the most powerfull under ranjit singh after that we never reached that peak again

but i believe to reach that peak and go beyond it sikhs need to be lions and leaders in every aspect of life from govt to buisness to medicine to army to sports

how can we reach the top using sikh principles and inspire other sikhs using sikh principles and create a whole community of leaders who lead in

politics/govt - example having a proper sikh lead in govt who stands up against corruption and does what is morally right

buisness

sports

army

medicine

i need to be more clearn

when i say we reached our peak i mean 1839 was our peak as in when we were the most powerfull under ranjit singh after that we never reached that peak again

but i believe to reach that peak and go beyond it sikhs need to be lions and leaders in every aspect of life from govt to buisness to medicine to army to sports

how can we reach the top using sikh principles and inspire other sikhs using sikh principles and create a whole community of leaders who lead in

politics/govt - example having a proper sikh lead in govt who stands up against corruption and does what is morally right

buisness

sports

army

medicine

In the UK or India?

For the UK I would say get granthi's to motivate people in the gurdwarra, have speeches and get gianis to come forward and become politicians, spiritual politicians, politicians who will be true to their word in the name of our Gurus and their status as gianis.

The gurdwarra is the true sangat, Granthis have this responsibility. our Guru's led in this task, if god has bestowed on them the blessing of their position, they should follow our gurus example and we should have at least one member of parliament from a gurdwarra, not gurcharan singh or any other singh, we need a giani- someone who shows dedication to sangat and to the guru at the gurus door.