I Want To To Die!

GurGurKaro

Guest Someone

Gurfateh.

I agree with the guest's comment above. For you to have all these suicidal and deathly thoughts there is a seriously psychological imbalance within your mind. You need to seek medical/professional help in order for these thoughts to be erased.

If you did seek medical help this will also help you to concentrate more on your sikhi/rehat. I cannot stress how important this issue is, and how vital it is that you go and see someone.

Like someone said above, tell your family your thoughts, tell them how you are feeling, and I am sure that they will want to help you too, and they should support you 100% if you were to decide to seek help.

Go and see someone before it is too late, and before you do something ridiculous/regretful. Do you think all of your family and friends would be okay with you having these thoughts or e ven acting upon these thoughts? Do you think it would make their lives any better if you were to act upon your suicidal thoughts? NO, i cannot imagine that to even be the case.

A true psychologically healthy amritdhari/gursikh wouldn't even think of committing suicide and saying things as you are. So doesn't this tell you something? Put your sikhee first and seek help.

If you want to become better, if you want these thoughts to be erased, if you want to worry your family less, then all you have to do is go and see someone. How hard can that be? you don't even have to tell people that you are getting help, just keep it between you and your family, just aslong as you are receiving it.

You need to realise that this will help you to become closer to guruji as it will help you to do more bhagti. So stop being selfish, feeling sorry for yourself, hurting your family and friends , and telling people you want to die, JUST GET THE HELP! That is all you need to do.

And also:

Gaaveeai suneeai man rakheeai bhao:

Sing and listen and let your mind be filled with love.

Dhukh parehar sukh ghar lai jaae:

Your pain shall be sent far away. and PEACE shall come to your home. Vaheguru ji

What more do you need to know? what more do you need from life?

Gurfateh

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Drugs don't cure the root of the problem. Physical imbalances are caused by the mind, so change the mind.

People who are at a high risk for self harm or suicide need urgent medical consultation for assessment and possibly admission. If this policy isn't followed, there is a much greater incidence of suicide in the population.

Oh wait, we should listen to an anonymous poster writing on a kid's Sikhism internet forum instead, over dozens of studies and individuals with decades of experience in treating mental health problems.

There are plenty of Amritdhari, Nitnemi, even Abhiyaasi Gursikhs with various mental health problems, and there have been cases of suicide too. So don't try to throw in your uneducated opinions in such serious areas that you are utterly clueless about.

g i went down this path i was suicidel n u need love not drugs

no pshych can give u love

they will treat u like an expirement or a way to make money

this is the cold truth g

only God can cure u only the Guru can fill the emptiness

antidepressant medicattions in recent years have made huge strides in terms of effectiveness and lowered side effects. it doesn't hurt to try professional help alongside following people's suggestions.

dukh comes to us to turn us to God, but now that you're turning to God, you don't need to hold on to it anymore. this change in your personality, while it may seem permanent, is not. change happens, we cannot avoid it for long. if you get serious about abhyaas, then i do feel you would regain that joy of living. but it can take time, u need patience ji.

Guest NY3HY3

I'm no expert, but given the circumstances, he/she probably suffers from cognitive dissonance or trauma, or maybe both. Medications would not be the answer if that is the case. A professional would carefully have to peel back the layers and see what is going on and further assess the situation from there.

Guest mind

Drugs don't cure the root of the problem. Physical imbalances are caused by the mind, so change the mind.

I have suffered from depression and mental illness for years. You need to try to relax, exercise do yoga, go jogging, go swimming, lift weights, look within.

Jap naam, totally relaxed, let go and do it, focus on guru, say gods name over and over with devotion, pour out all your pain and suffering, cry and show him your suffering.

Act like he can hear you because he can, pretend hes standing next to you or just talk to him, picture him and talk to him, he can hear everthing, hes always with you.

in a nutshell, stay fit, do naam jap to god and guru, talk to god and guruji, tell him all your secrets, fears, love him like a father/brother/best friend.

Here read this:

Self Percept (Atam Updesh)

Why are you so engrossed in worries? Why are you afraid of some one? Who may kill you? The soul is immortal; it neither dies nor takes birth.

The present is here and now, the past is irrecoverable and the future will be good. Don't fret over the past and don't be worried about the future. The present is going on.

Why do you cry? What did you lose? When you were born, what did you bring along, which has been lost? What did you produce which has been perished? It is here that you gained and it is here that you lose. The man comes to; and goes from world, empty handed.

What you own today was not yours yesterday and will not be yours tomorrow. It does not and will not belong to anyone. You consider it your own and rejoice. This happiness of possession leads you to utter grief.

Yours is this world. Start from where you feel to; stay where you desire and wind up where you want to. It has no beginning and no end. You don't fear anyone, but yourself. You are the fright and also the frightened.

Change is the truth of life. What you consider as death is life in reality. In a moment a multi-millionaire is turned pauper. Give up the feeling of possession, great & the mean; differentiation of friend & foe. Then all is yours and you for everyone. Your corporeal being is a product of air, water and fire and it merges into the same leaving behind neither blood nor bones. Still yours existence remains the same. Then ponder over what you are.

Wake up! and become the eternal sons of the Almighty. You are the great and unique manifestation of Nature's power. All the divine powers are possessed by you, like a tree hidden in the seed.

In fact you don't fear anybody; you don't have any worry, suspicion, pain or grief. You are His dear ones. Surrender yourself completely to Him.

Always, remember the "Waheguru" (God) to achieve salvation. Let your life be guided by the saying "Whatever God wills, is good". Be content with the will of God. Remember Him both in pleasure & pain.

Dhan Dhan Pooran Brahmgiani 111 Sant Isher Singh Rara Sahib Wale

*Now live life as you won't get a chance again and will suffer the the pain of death and birth over again and again if you kill yourself.*