Dasam Granth/ Bachittar Natak Granth

Why was the fierce war like scripture dasam granth/ bachittar natak granth removed from most gurdwaras by the british?

I read that the singhs were so powerful at one point that the british checked up their religion and tried to remove sri dasam granth but failed in the mission. So they used sikhs (SGPC) instead to make their bani less and less. This also brought a christian tinge to them like believe in only one God given system through the word.

Bhai mani singh rehraas included all dohras and chaupais. And singhs used to recite chandi di war and many swaiyaes from akal ustat also.

SGPC has a role in sidelining Dasam Granth from its old position of respect. Dasam Granth used to be in parkash

in all Gurmattas of sikhs during misl period and sikh rule. When Maharaja ranjit singh's army was going to battlefield

both granths were accompanying the army and there was a unit that was in attendance.

I do not get any justification of reading shortened Rehras sahib. It does not make any sense.

Sidelining of Dasam Granth has resulted in downfall of sikh spirit.

Why was the fierce war like scripture dasam granth/ bachittar natak granth removed from most gurdwaras by the british?

the british wanted to reduce the war capacity of the Sikhs, so they disarmed us physically by not allowing sikhs to keeps arms, and spiritually by creating doubts over Dasam Guru Darbar.

• 2 weeks later...

the british wanted to reduce the war capacity of the Sikhs, so they disarmed us physically by not allowing sikhs to keeps arms, and spiritually by creating doubts over Dasam Guru Darbar.

Is there proof that the British took away Dasam Granth, or is the RSS using imposters to rewrite history of the Sikhs.

I showed sections of Dasam Granth to some Hindu pandits, and they was very angry. They said that huge sections of dasam granth are Hindu pandit origin and are copied out of the Hindu ancient scriptures, and they judge Guru Gobind Singh or pseudo Sikhs (whoever wrote Dasam Granth which is a collection of smaller writing compiled later and many written 150 years after Guru Gobind Singh's death in the act of plagerism stealing Hindu holy scriptures.

They also said the syntax and language of other parts are indicative of latter Hindu writings and beliefs.

He pointed to me various sections of sex and drugs, even oral sex. Page 1385.

How could a Sikh Guru write about this? Is the RSS promoting this movement to anger the Hindus to retaliate and destroy all the Sikhs for stealing Hindu scripute saying Guru Gobind Singh composed the entire Dasam Granth.

If we accept Bachiter Natik and gurbani, full of Hindu Devi stuff, then why not accept Bible or Koran?

Soon RSS will be successful in getting rid of Guru Granth Sahib and only prmoting Dasam Granth as Guru (Guru Gobind Singh make Sikhims complete, so no need for Guru Granth Sahib which is a threat to many teachings in Dasam Granth).

Is there proof that the British took away Dasam Granth, or is the RSS using imposters to rewrite history of the Sikhs.

I showed sections of Dasam Granth to some Hindu pandits, and they was very angry. They said that huge sections of dasam granth are Hindu pandit origin and are copied out of the Hindu ancient scriptures,

My dear, neither yourself or these "pandits" understand the focus of Dasam Guru Darbar. Guru Ji has translated some of the Puranas into Brij, to make it more accessible for the lower sections of society, who where not allowed to learn or listen to sanskrit texts, by these same bloody pandits you went to.

Guru Ji also states where he has done a textual translation as well. The stories that you speak of and think "how could Guru Ji have written these," were already prevalent anecdotes and Guru Ji has shown them in a moral context, so that we would not fall into deep pits of hell, by doing the same activities that those people did.

Do a study of Dasam Guru Darbar yourself before you go to anyone looking for answers.

And hindus always give a vedantic/vaishnavic slant to gurbani, so do yourself a favour, and dont go to them.

I showed sections of Dasam Granth to some Hindu pandits, and they was very angry. They said that huge sections of dasam granth are Hindu pandit origin and are copied out of the Hindu ancient scriptures, and they judge Guru Gobind Singh or pseudo Sikhs (whoever wrote Dasam Granth which is a collection of smaller writing compiled later and many written 150 years after Guru Gobind Singh's death in the act of plagerism stealing Hindu holy scriptures.

Reproduce those verses here for us. Now do not disappear from the scene.Show us those verses.

He pointed to me various sections of sex and drugs, even oral sex. Page 1385.

Before you write nonsensical stuff here.Give us the background and charitra number.May be you do not understand what is written.

You should have some knowledge of literature to understand charitras. Most of nastik missionaries do not have any understanding of literature

and start criticizing charitras. Charitras are in third person narration. Read carefully before you open your mouth.

How could a Sikh Guru write about this? Is the RSS promoting this movement to anger the Hindus to retaliate and destroy all the Sikhs for stealing Hindu scripute saying Guru Gobind Singh composed the entire Dasam Granth.

If we accept Bachiter Natik and gurbani, full of Hindu Devi stuff, then why not accept Bible or Koran?

Soon RSS will be successful in getting rid of Guru Granth Sahib and only prmoting Dasam Granth as Guru (Guru Gobind Singh make Sikhims complete, so no need for Guru Granth Sahib which is a threat to many teachings in Dasam Granth).

The following are from sacred Dasam Granth sahib. You seem not to know anything about Dasam Granth.

Next time when your RSS buddies talk to you , show them these verses of Dasam Granth. There are

thousands more.Come back and we will show you more.

Who is scared of Dasam Granth? Brahmins and their touts.

ਕਿਤੇ ਕਿਸਨ ਸੇ ਕੀਟ ਕੋਟੈ ਉਪਾਏ, ਉਸਾਰੇ ਗੜੇ ਫਿਰ ਮੇਟੇ ਬਨਾਏ॥

He hath Created millions of Krishnas like worms. He Created them, annihilated them, again created them, again destroyed them.

ਕਿਤੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਸੇ ਕੀਟ ਕੋਟੈ ਬਨਾਏ ॥ਕਿਤੇ ਰਾਮ ਸੇ ਮੇਟਿ ਡਾਰੇ ਉਪਾਏ ॥

Somewhere He hath created millions of servants like Krishna. Somewhere He hath effaced and then created (many) like Rama.

ਕਿਤੇ ਕਿਸਨ ਸੇ ਕੀਟ ਕੋਟੈ ਉਪਾਏ, ਉਸਾਰੇ ਗੜੇ ਫਿਰ ਮੇਟੇ ਬਨਾਏ॥

* He hath Created millions of Krishnas like worms. He Created them, annihilated them, again created them, again destroyed them.

* ਕਿਤੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਸੇ ਕੀਟ ਕੋਟੈ ਬਨਾਏ ॥ਕਿਤੇ ਰਾਮ ਸੇ ਮੇਟਿ ਡਾਰੇ ਉਪਾਏ ॥

* Somewhere He hath created millions of servants like Krishna. Somewhere He hath effaced and then created (many) like Rama.

ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਔ ਬਿਸਨ ਜਪੇ ਤੁਹਿ ਕੋਟਿਕ ਰਾਮ ਰਹੀਮ ਭਲੀ ਬਿਧਿ ਧਿਆਯੋ ॥ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਜਪਿਓ ਅਰੁ ਸੰਭੁ ਥਪਿਓ ਤਿਹ ਤੇ ਤੁਹਿ ਕੋ ਕਿਨਹੂੰ ਨ ਬਚਾਯੋ ॥……..ਤੋਹਿ ਬਚਾਇ ਸਕੈ ਕਹੁ ਕੈਸੇ ਕੈ ਆਪਨ ਘਾਵ ਬਚਾਇ ਨ ਐਹੈ ॥ਕੋਪ ਕਰਾਲ ਕੀ ਪਾਵਕ ਕੁੰਡ ਮੈ ਆਪ ਟੰਗਿਓ ਤਿਮ ਤੋਹਿ ਟੰਗੈਹੈ ॥

* Thou hast meditated on millions of Krishnas, Vishnus, Ramas and Rahims. Thou hast recited the name of Brahma and established Shivalingam, even then none could save thee…….They cannot save themselves from the blow of death, how can they protect thee? They are all hanging in the blazing fire of anger, therefore they will cause thy hanging similarly.

Dasam Granth Sahib ,sacred writings of tenth master

...and another classical example of someone (in this case this 'harsimritkaur'. I am pretty sure this is not her/his real identity/name) stirring a nonsensical debate.

Stirring emotions by writing phrases such as "I met some Hindu Pandits" is quite classical.

Moderators/Administrators need to activate their 'third eye' to tackle such nuisance.

She has vanished from the scene.This shows how hollow such people are as when

challenged for facts just run away from the scene.

This shows she was a fake and has no knowledge like all other detractors of her tribe

about message of Dasam Granth sahib.

Defenders of Dasam Granth never answer why chatitropakhyan and hikayaten can be part of guru's writings ?

The answers I have heard are

1. You need mature mind to understand that.

2. They are written so that you don't do that.

for #1, Maybe one of you who has mature mind can shed some light on that.

#2 is outright silly. This is equivalent to showing somebody "dirty" movie and saying never do that.

The second strategy defenders use is:

1. Calling names to people who raise point that against Dasam Granth. Things like "Darshan Lal"

2. Calling them hindu agents - Outright silly again

: A person who is hindu agent - why would he reject a granth which have long stories eulogizing hindu deities.

3. Saying you are insulting guru Gobind Singh by rejecting his text.

: I think attributing such stories to Guru Gobind Singh is greater insult. Please explain why would he write those.

If Guru Gobind Singh felt Dasam Granth is Gurbani, why didn't he install that as co-guru.

He installed Guru Granth Sahib as Guru after him. Giving any other text whosoever wrote (even if he wrote it), the status equal to Guru Granth Sahib - wouldn't that be rejecting his own word.

PS: I am a amritdhari sikh; and would really prefer cordial discussion.