Bad Thoughts Coming In My Mind ..... Straying Me From Sikhi . Please Help !

You may not believe me but your life as a singh is so much easier than a life with cut hair, and you would not realise this until it's too late.

Guys with haircuts these days are so incredibly insecure and look up to singhs as singhs do not have to compete with other guys in the sense that you are above having to make so much effort, this makes you very cool.

I'd also like to point out that if you are insecure now, you will be much more insecure without your pagh, you stick out right now, if you feel you don;t have the personality to be a singh (which of course you do, the most downtrodden of people were sikhs, it's just about being happy with who you are which makes a person confident and thankful that you were blessed with the 5 senses, sight, touch, hearing etc, and arms and legs, some people don't have these things) you certainly won't have the confidence (contentment) to be a mona.

I know loads of singhs who have cut their hair and have become very very insecure, they feel they are nobodies, which is the way most guys feel, they are just one of the crowd.

Unless you are very very religious and remember god all the time, you will feel very insecure and lost. You're pagh is a reminder that god is with you, only people who remember god alot can cope when they take of their turbans.

my age is 20 . I am a keshadhari sikh youth . Actually I have been through lots of stress in my past 4-5 years . mainly related to college and such .

I feel like I don't have enough personality to carry myself as a sikh . I feel like i am a shame on all sikhs.

then I feel like cutting my hair and becoming clean shaven . I also feel depressed becoz of this . please tell what should i do . ( i am not amritdhari)

Sometimes questions come in my mind like "why I need to continue tying turban when i am not doing any good for my kaum ? why not mix in with the crowd rather than sticking out ? "

but i also know that if i cut my hair , then i am not only killing one sikh ( me ) , but many generations of sikhs to come from me .

thats why i am not cutting my hair .

Am I physically and mentally ready to carry this sikh form with me .

What issues are depressing you? Do you feel like you dont fit in? The more direct you are about what your suffering about the more we can help you. If you dont feel comfortable posting PM me.

Best,

kuthaman