Tanti Saaj Lessons

Guest Klassic Kaur

Guest Klassic Kaur

WaheGuru Jee Kaa Khalsa WaheGuru Jee Kee Fateh

Saad Sangat Jee was wondering whether you could direct me to where I can learn classical Raag instruments like Dilruba, Taus, etc.

Preferably anywhere in the West Midlands like Birmingham, Wolverhampton etc.

Also, I haven't learnt before and don't know how to play Tanti Saaj and don't have one to practice with, so would it be possible to borrow from the Ustaad or can anyone direct me in where to buy a reasonable one from?

Thanks ...

WaheGuru Jee Kaa Khalsa WaheGuru Jee Kee Fateh

Saad Sangat Jee was wondering whether you could direct me to where I can learn classical Raag instruments like Dilruba, Taus, etc.

Preferably anywhere in the West Midlands like Birmingham, Wolverhampton etc.

Also, I haven't learnt before and don't know how to play Tanti Saaj and don't have one to practice with, so would it be possible to borrow from the Ustaad or can anyone direct me in where to buy a reasonable one from?

Thanks ...

Gurfateh Bhenji

its great to hear people taking interest in classical keertan

http://www.gurmatsangeet.org/

you could learn from Bhai Harjinder Singh Lallie

there is a beginners class as well as intermediate

there are classes in birmingham which I also go to

you can learn a variety of instruments from dilruba, taus, sarangi, tarshanai, israaj, sitaar etc

while i was starting off i always borrowed a saaj from ustad ji so im sure you will be able to borrow a saaj no problem

many other students have borrowed a saaj while they were starting off, but its best to buy a saaj as soon as possible

a saaj can be bought from the website above and class information and any other information you can think of is on that website

Guest Klassic Kaur

Thanks for the replies!

Wannabe Akali Jee, that's great to hear ... whereabouts are the classes based in Birmingham? I just checked the website you posted, looks kool - what are the charges for taking up the lessons?

Chatanga Jee, thanks for the info but my Sunday evenings are already filled up :|

Do let me know ... thanks Jee!

Guest Wanttolearn

I was going to make a thread about this!

Are there any classes in the East Midlands? Leics/derby? when and where are they. I've been looking but haven't had any luck

Thanks for the replies!

Wannabe Akali Jee, that's great to hear ... whereabouts are the classes based in Birmingham? I just checked the website you posted, looks kool - what are the charges for taking up the lessons?

Chatanga Jee, thanks for the info but my Sunday evenings are already filled up :|

Do let me know ... thanks Jee!

thats great bhenji! the classes are at the king edwards girls school in edgbaston on a sunday morning at 7.30. Theres a girls school and a boys school separate on the site. we use the girls school. its all opposite birmz uni.

Bhenji, i believe first class is free so if you turn up you can speak to Bhai Harjinder Singh Lallie and he'll answer your questions about fees and whatever else you may want to ask about :)

hope to see you soon at class :)

• 5 years later...