Cooking One'S Own Food After Marriage

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you feel you cannot eat out of your partner's hands, how do you expect to maintain a marital relationship with them?

If the bibeki diet is so important to your rehit, then you'd be better off waiting to meet a like minded partner rather than marry someone you termed as "average".

If you feel you cannot eat out of your partner's hands, how do you expect to maintain a marital relationship with them?

If the bibeki diet is so important to your rehit, then you'd be better off waiting to meet a like minded partner rather than marry someone you termed as "average".

For me rehit comes first. Without rehit, its tough to japp naam and without naam, life is a torture.

At the same time, I wanted to marry someone whom I can become abhed with but sadly I am not being to find someone who is strong in rehit.

Below is a poem I wrote on another forum :

O Vaheguru! ikk sarblohi kaur millade .

Gharr vich hee satsangat karrade .

2 time sarbloh da langar chakkvade .

shareer mere dee kamzori ghattade .

Ajj kall anand karaj bann giyaa hai vapaar .

Sikhan ne laavan nu banna ditta hai Canada dee PR.

Maya ton Nirlep kaur millade .

Bache meriyan nu maa hathon tatt gurmat de gurrti davade.

Din raat ikathe naam jappiyee .

Gursikhan de sevaa vich ih jeevan kattiyee .

Panth de lekhe ih jeevan laggade.

Apne ikk pakki kaurr millade.

Guru Hargobind Sahib de sikhiya anusaar -- maya guzraan, AURAT IMAAN, bacha neeshaan .

Viah binaa ikalliyan bhagti karnee hai nahin aisaaan .

Kaam mahabali nu jarron puttnnaa hai bohat aukha kamm.

'ika naari jati hoye' naal hee hunda hai safal janamm.

Assin mannde haan gristi jeevan vich ho sakdee hai khuaarii.

Par sade sahayata karega GURMAT naam muraari.

Apne sinhnee naal karange jind naalon vadd pyaar.

Nahin karange usde augunnan da vichaar.

O Gursikho! Kharag Singh nu usdee singhnee milaadoo . (My pen name is kharag singh)

Amrit vela usdee satsangat karvado..

Bibek is VERY IMPORTANT especially if you keep it then you do not want to go back eating without it. Your better of not getting married, why the rush? wait longer then get married to a suitable wife if you still can not find one FORGET MARRIAGE. Stay strong to yourself...

what if the bibi is bibeki, and doesnt want to waste her special food on her average rehitwaan husband? should she give it to him and incur Waheguru's wrath?

Or tell him that as he is impure for her, that he must make his own food.

So Chatanga what does this RehatNama mean then

Gursikh di roti beti di saanjh Gursikh naal.

The Gursikhs have to share food and establish marital relationships with Gursikhs only

Manswisdom, are u being totally serious? im just asking to make sure, it can be mistaken as being sarcastic

Okay so

u mite as well not share

the bathroom

the BED

well anything at all with this average wife..

wuts the point of having a wife if u STILL have to cook ur own food,

oh the pain!

the thing is, i dont think we should be so narrowminded--- yes i kno u want to have matching rehit with ur future wife, but a bibi that hasn't kept bibek yet could be a chardi kala bebe that did alot of kamai in her past life, u could help her get into bibek be4 u get married,

my 2 ruppees

bhul chuf maff

Manswisdom, are u being totally serious? im just asking to make sure, it can be mistaken as being sarcastic

Okay so

u mite as well not share

the bathroom

the BED

oh the pain!

the thing is, i dont think we should be so narrowminded--- yes i kno u want to have matching rehit with ur future wife, but a bibi that hasn't kept bibek yet could be a chardi kala bebe that did alot of kamai in her past life, u could help her get into bibek be4 u get married,

my 2 ruppees

bhul chuf maff

I am not trying to put down non-bibeki amritdhari. Many singhs have to do lots of travelling for parchar and hence, cant keep dietary bibek. Many singhs in the 80's were blessed by shaheedi who did not keep bibek.

At the same time,I feel dietary bibek is an important rehit of Khalsa and without it, we can never have charrdikala as a panth.

I have been cooking my food for quite some time now and I have got pretty much used to it. It just takes me 30 minutes to prepare my 2 meals.

oh the pain!

Lol The pain is unbearable how can someone do such a horrific thing?!

Okay so

u mite as well not share

the bathroom

the BED

Edit

the thing is, i dont think we should be so narrowminded--- yes i kno u want to have matching rehit with ur future wife, but a bibi that hasn't kept bibek yet could be a chardi kala bebe that did alot of kamai in her past life, u could help her get into bibek be4 u get married

EDIT

But tbh it really depends on harinder if he wants to follow bibek or not....