Can Someone Please Explain This Shabad ?

In Gurbani we are taught that god has no form ( nirakaar ) .

But , Guru says god has very beautiful hair , nose , .....

ਨਿਰਹਾਰੀ ਕੇਸਵ ਨਿਰਵੈਰਾ

निरहारी केसव निरवैरा ॥

Nirhārī kesav nirvairā.

He does not need to eat; His Hair is Wondrous and Beautiful; He is free of hate.

ਕੋਟਿ

कोटि जना जा के पूजहि पैरा ॥

Kot janā jā ke pūjėh pairā.

Millions of people worship His Feet.

------------------------------

ਤੇਰੇ ਬੰਕੇ ਲੋਇਣ ਦੰਤ ਰੀਸਾਲਾ

तेरे बंके लोइण दंत रीसाला ॥

Ŧere banke lo▫iṇ ḏanṯ rīsālā.

Your eyes are so beautiful, and Your teeth are delightful.

ਸੋਹਣੇ

सोहणे नक जिन लमड़े वाला ॥

Sohṇe nak jin lammṛe vālā.

Your nose is so graceful, and Your hair is so long.

ਕੰਚਨ

कंचन काइआ सुइने की ढाला ॥

Kancẖan kā▫i▫ā su▫ine kī dẖālā.

Your body is so precious, cast in gold.

ਸੋਵੰਨ

सोवंन ढाला क्रिसन माला जपहु तुसी सहेलीहो ॥

Sovann dẖālā krisan mālā japahu ṯusī sahelīho.

His body is cast in gold, and He wears Krishna's mala; meditate on Him, O sisters.

-----------------------------

॥੧॥

अनिक अनिक भाति बहु पेखे प्रिअ रोम न समसरि लाए ॥१॥

Anik anik bẖāṯ baho pekẖe pari▫a rom na samsar lā▫e. ||1||

I have seen the mortals of many and various types, but they are not equal to even a hair of my Beloved. ||1||

<a class="dict" href="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=%E0%A8%AE%E0%A9%B0%E0%A8%A6%E0%A8%B0%E0%A8%BF" ;="" style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(128, 0, 0); ">ਮੰਦਰਿ ਭਾਗੁ ਸੋਭ ਦੁਆਰੈ ਅਨਹਤ ਰੁਣੁ ਝੁਣੁ ਲਾਏ

मंदरि भागु सोभ दुआरै अनहत रुणु झुणु लाए ॥

Manḏar bẖāg sobẖ ḏu▫ārai anhaṯ ruṇ jẖuṇ lā▫e.

His palace is so beautiful! His gate is so wonderful! The celestial melody of the sound current resounds there.

---------------------------------

ਸੁਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਭਏ ਕੇਸਵਾ ਸੇ ਜਨ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਹਿ ॥੪॥

सुप्रसंन भए केसवा से जन हरि गुण गाहि ॥४॥

Suparsan bẖa▫e kesvā se jan har guṇ gāhi. ||4||

Those humble beings, with whom the beautifully-haired Lord is thoroughly pleased, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. ||4||

Does god have beautiful hair ( form ) ?

bhul chuk maaf

Bro , in simple words , without any philosophical jargon, i would state

does our creation is not an extension of ourselves ?

when we discuss art we ask have you seen Picasso , have you seen Rodin?

or in literature , we ask - have you read Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Dante,

Tagore etc? same way what has been created by the God is an extension

of Him , We every daty recite - Balihari KUDRAT WASSIA(i bow to thee

living in your creation) , yes he is without form , at least he is beyond our

intellect can imagine .

Does this answer your question ? i have tried to simplify the statement

FATEH

This is called anthropomorphism. In short The act of attributing human forms or qualities to entities which are not human. Specifically, anthropomorphism is the describing of gods that are not human in human forms and possessing human characteristics.

When Guru Maharajh Ji asked Waheguru Ji "What is your main form (roop)".

Waheguru Ji replied "Khalsa mera roop hai kaas".

I believe the above is worg. Guru Ji replied I an in three forms. Nirgun which cannot be comprehended, Sargun which form i leave to the Khalsa and Gurshabad which i leave to the Sangat through Sri Guru Granth Sahaib Ji.

I think we are going off topic please read the sampardai steek on the shabad by Bhagat Namdev Ji as you need the uthanika to understand what is going on here. This is all about Sargun Upashna!

• 1 month later...

WAHEGURU JI

ACCORDING TO PROFESSOR SAHIB SINGH JIS TEEKA

THIS SHABAD MEANS

HEY CREATOR LORD, YOU HAVE CREATED CREATION FROM YOUR FORM. YOU HAVE MADE MEN AND WOMEN FORMS, WITH EYES,TEETH,NOSE, AND HAIR WHICH IS GREATLY BEAUTIFUL (MAHAN SUNDAR). WITHIN THESE FORMS YOUR EVERY RADIANT LIGHT RADIATES , YOUR LIGHT IS THE LIFE OF THE WORLD! OH LORD, YOUR EYES ARE AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL, YOUR TEETH ARE SO SO BEAUTIFUL. YOUR NOSE TOO IS DIVINELY BEAUTIFUL AND YOUR LONG HAIR IS FULL OF INCOMPARABLE BEAUTY (OH LORD,THOSE HUMAN FORMS YOU CREATED,THEIR BEAUTIFUL NOSES ARE YOUR BEAUTIFUL NOSE THEIR LONG HAIR IS YOUR LONG HAIR.) OH LORD, YOUR STEADY GOLDEN BODY IS DIESESE FREE, IT IS EVERY STEADY , OH LORD YOU ARE GOLDEN! O FRIENDS, (SATSANGAT) CHANT THE MALA OF THE NAAM OF THAT LORD (OVER AND OVER AGAIN CHANT THE NAAM OF THAT LORD) WHO IS STEADY AND WITH A GOLDEN DIESESE FREE BODY HE IS COVERED IN GOLD! OH SOUL-BRIDE LISTEN TO MY TEACHING! IF YOU CHANT THE NAAM OF THE STEADY DIEASE FREE GOLEN LORD THAN IN THE END YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO STAND AT THE DOOR OF DHARAM RAAJ.THOSE HUMANS WHO CHANT THE NAAM OF THE LORD, THEIR BODIES ARE FREE FROM THE DIRT OF THE FIVE THIEVES (LUST ANGER GREED EGO AND ATTACHMENT) . THIS IS THE EVERSTEADY NEVERENDING BLESSING OF THE NAAM THAT THOSE WHO CHANT IT BECOME FREE OF FAKE PAKHANDI RITUALS, THEY BECOME LIKE GREAT SWANS (THAT PERSON WHO CHANTS THE NAAM BECOMES A GURMUKH AND THEY ARE FREE OF SUCH PAKHAND) OH MY SAHALIAYAY (FRIENDS) GODS NOSE IS SO BEAUTIFUL GODS TEETH ARE SO BEAUTIFUL ALL THE BEAUTY OF THE SEEN WORLD IS GOD'S BEAUTY!