3 Devte

Singhstah

VahegurooJiKaKhalsaVahegurooJiKiFateh

There seem to be a small number of confused Sikhs these days who have been misled into thinking that Vaheguroo/Guru Sahib and the 3 devte of snaatan mat (Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva) are the same. It is important such mindset is nipped in the bud and it is easy to do so as Gurbani is crystal clear on the subject. Below I have added one shabad from Guru Granth Sahib Ji clearing up the whole issue plus aarth from Freedkot teeka for all to see. This is not even what some may call a 'modern' interpretation but arths of traditional nirmalas respected by Mahapurash. (source:srigranth.org, please note some of the romanised has not pasted correctly, you can also read the shabad here ).

ਵਡਹੰਸੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੩ ॥

vad▫hans mėhlā 3.

Wadahans, Third Mehl:

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਦ ਮੀਠਾ ਲਾਗਾ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੀ ਸਾਦੁ ਆਇਆ ॥

Amriṯ nām saḏ mīṯẖā lāgā gur sabḏī sāḏ ā▫i▫ā.

The Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam is always sweet to me; through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, I come to taste it.

ਸਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਹਜਿ ਸਮਾਣੀ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਮਨਿ ਵਸਾਇਆ ॥੧॥

Sacẖī baṇī sahj samāṇī har jī▫o man vasā▫i▫ā. ||1||

Through the True Word of the Guru's Bani, I am merged in peace and poise; the Dear Lord is enshrined in the mind. ||1||

ਹਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਸਤਗੁਰੂ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ॥

Har kar kirpā saṯgurū milā▫i▫ā.

The Lord, showing His Mercy, has caused me to meet the True Guru.

ਪੂਰੈ ਸਤਗੁਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Pūrai saṯgur har nām ḏẖi▫ā▫i▫ā. ||1|| rahā▫o.

Through the Perfect True Guru, I meditate on the Name of the Lord. ||1||Pause||

ਬ੍ਰਹਮੈ ਬੇਦ ਬਾਣੀ ਪਰਗਾਸੀ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹ ਪਸਾਰਾ ॥

Barahmai beḏ baṇī pargāsī mā▫i▫ā moh pasārā.

Through Brahma, the hymns of the Vedas were revealed, but the love of Maya spread.

ਮਹਾਦੇਉ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਵਰਤੈ ਘਰਿ ਆਪਣੈ ਤਾਮਸੁ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਅਹੰਕਾਰਾ ॥੨॥

Mahāḏe▫o gi▫ānī //ṯai gẖar āpṇai ṯāmas bahuṯ ahaʼnkārā. ||2||

The wise one, Shiva, remains absorbed in himself, but he is engrossed in dark passions and excessive egotism. ||2||

ਕਿਸਨੁ ਸਦਾ ਅਵਤਾਰੀ ਰੂਧਾ ਕਿਤੁ ਲਗਿ ਤਰੈ ਸੰਸਾਰਾ ॥

Kisan saḏā avṯārī rūḏẖā kiṯ lag ṯarai sansārā.

Vishnu is always busy reincarnating himself - who will save the world?

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਗਿਆਨਿ ਰਤੇ ਜੁਗ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਚੂਕੈ ਮੋਹ ਗੁਬਾਰਾ ॥੩॥

Gurmukẖ gi▫ān raṯe jug anṯar cẖūkai moh gubārā. ||3||

The Gurmukhs are imbued with spiritual wisdom in this age; they are rid of the darkness of emotional attachment. ||3||

ਸਤਗੁਰ ਸੇਵਾ ਤੇ ਨਿਸਤਾਰਾ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਤਰੈ ਸੰਸਾਰਾ ॥

Saṯgur sevā ṯe nisṯārā gurmukẖ ṯarai sansārā.

Serving the True Guru, one is emancipated; the Gurmukh crosses over the world-ocean.

ਸਾਚੈ ਨਾਇ ਰਤੇ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ਪਾਇਨਿ ਮੋਖ ਦੁਆਰਾ ॥੪॥

Sācẖai nā▫e raṯe bairāgī pā▫in mokẖ ḏu▫ārā. ||4||

The detached renunciates are imbued with the True Name; they attain the gate of salvation. ||4||

ਏਕੋ ਸਚੁ ਵਰਤੈ ਸਭ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਸਭਨਾ ਕਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਲਾ ॥

Ėko sacẖ //ṯai sabẖ anṯar sabẖnā kare parṯipālā.

The One True Lord is pervading and permeating everywhere; He cherishes everyone.

ਨਾਨਕ ਇਕਸੁ ਬਿਨੁ ਮੈ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਜਾਣਾ ਸਭਨਾ ਦੀਵਾਨੁ ਦਇਆਲਾ ॥੫॥੫॥

Nānak ikas bin mai avar na jāṇā sabẖnā ḏīvān ḏa▫i▫ālā. ||5||5||

O Nanak, without the One Lord, I do not know any other; He is the Merciful Master of all. ||5||5||

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਮੁਝ ਕੋ ਨਿਤ੍ਯ ਮੀਠਾ ਲਾਗਾ ਹੈ ਅਰੁ ਗੁਰੋਂ ਕੇ ਉਪਦੇਸ ਮੇਂ ਹੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮ ਕਾ ਸ੍ਵਾਦ ਆਇਆ ਹੈ ਗੁਰ ਉਪਦੇਸ ਰੂਪ ਸਚੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਕਰਕੇ ਬ੍ਰਿਤੀ ਗ੍ਯਾਨ ਮੇਂ ਸਮਾਈ ਹੈ ਅਰਥਾਤ ਚੇਤਨਾਕਾਰ ਹੂਈ ਹੈ ਔਰ ਹਰਿ ਜੀ ਕੋ ਮਨ ਮੇਂ ਬਸਾਯਾ ਹੈ॥

ਹਰਿ ਨੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਮਿਲਾਯਾ ਹੈ ਔਰ ਪੂਰੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੋਂ ਕੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰਨੇ ਸੇ ਮੈਨੇ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਹੈ।

ਜਿਸ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੇਂ ਨੇ ਬੇਦ ਬਾਣੀ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸੀ ਭਾਵ ਪ੍ਰਗਟ ਕਰੀ ਹੈ ਸੋ ਤਿਸਨੇ ਮਾਯਾ ਕਾ ਹੀ ਮੋਹ ਕਰਕੇ ਪਸਾਰਾ ਕੀਆ ਹੈ ਔਰ ਜੋ ਮਹਾ ਦੇਉ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਹੈ ਸੋ ਅਪਨੇ ਸਰੂਪ ਮੇਂ ਬਰਤ ਰਹਾ ਭਾਵ ਇਸਥਿਤ ਰਹਿਤਾ ਹੈ ਔਰ ਤਿਸ ਮੈ (ਤਾਮਸੁ) ਤਮੋਗੁਣ ਕੀ ਅਧਿਕਤਾ ਸੇ ਅਹੰਕਾਰ ਬਹੁਤ ਹੋ ਰਹਾ ਹੈ॥੨॥

(ਕਿਸਨੁ) ਬਿਸਨ ਸਦੀਵਕਾਲ ਅਵਤਾਰ ਧਾਰਨ ਕਰਨੇ ਹੀ ਮੇਂ ਰੁਕਾ ਹੂਆ ਹੈ ਭਾਵ ਯਹਿ ਕਿ ਅਪਨੇ ਬਲ ਛਲ ਸੇ ਪ੍ਰਜਾ ਕੀ ਰਖ੍ਯਾ ਮੇਂ ਰੁਕਾ ਹੈ ਅਬ ਬਤਾਓ ਗੁਰੋਂ ਸੇ ਬਿਨਾਂ ਕਿਸਕੋ ਉਪਦੇਸ ਮੈਂ ਲਗ ਕਰ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ਤਰੈ ਭਾਵ ਇਨ ਤੀਨੋਂ ਦੇਵਤਾਓਂ ਕੋ ਉਪਦੇਸ ਕਰਨੇ ਕਾ ਅਵਿਕਾਸ਼ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ ਤਾਂ ਤੇ ਜੋ ਗੁਰੋਂ ਦ੍ਵਾਰੇ ਗ੍ਯਾਨ ਮੇਂ ਰਾਤੇ ਹੈਂ ਸੋਈ ਜੁਗ ਜੁਗ ਮੇਂ ਤਰਤੇ ਹੈਂ ਤਿਨਕਾ ਮੋਹ ਰੂਪ ਗੁਬਾਰਾ ਸਘਨ ਰੂਪੁ ਅੰਧੇਰਾ ਚੂਕ ਜਾਤਾ ਹੈ॥

ਤਾਂਤੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੋਂ ਕੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਸੇ ਹੀ ਨਿਸਤਾਰਾ ਹੋਤਾ ਹੈ ਔਰ ਗੁਰਮੁਖ ਹੋ ਕਰਕੇ ਜੀਵ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਸੇ ਤਰਤਾ ਹੈ ਐਸੇ ਜੋ ਬੈਰਾਗਵਾਨ ਸਾਚੇ ਨਾਮ ਮੇਂ ਰਾਤੇ ਹੈਂ ਸੋ ਮੋਖ ਕਾ ਦੁਆਰਾ ਜੋ ਗਿਆਨ ਹੈ ਤਿਸ ਕੋ ਪਾਵਤੇ ਹੈਂ॥੪॥

ਸਭ ਕੇ ਅੰਤਸ਼ਕਰਣ ਮੇਂ ਏਕ ਸਤ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਬਰਤ ਰਹਾ ਹੈ ਔਰ ਵਹੀ ਸਭ ਕਾ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਲ ਕਰਤਾ ਹੈ। ਸ੍ਰੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਹਤੇ ਹੈਂ ਜੋ ਏਕ ਦ੍ਯਾਲ ਸਭ ਕਾ (ਦੀਵਾਨ) ਆਸਰਾ ਹੈ ਤਿਸ ਏਕ ਸੇ ਬਿਨਾਂ ਮੈਂ ਔਰ ਕਿਸੀ ਕੋ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਨਤਾ ਹੂੰ॥੫॥੫॥

• 2 weeks later...

It is important such mindset is nipped in the bud and it is easy to do so as Gurbani is crystal clear on the subject.

It's not that simple. Maya was created for a reason - to destroy everything to be made again by Brahma. But what happened in India was that Hindus forgot the creator and went to Hari or Siva. There are thousands of temples for them where people worship really Maya. Gurbani says the illness is Tregun Maya and the cure is going back to the creator Akaal.

Unless everyone becomes Gurmukh enlightened the Maya will trap people and reincarnate them many times. Only the complete Guru can solve this puzzle.

In JAPJI SAHIB PAURI 30, GURU JI CLEARLY SAYS

eaekaa maaee jugath viaaee thin chaelae paravaan |

The One Divine Mother conceived and gave birth to the three deities.

eik sansaaree eik bhanddaaree eik laaeae dheebaan |

One, the Creator of the World; One, the Sustainer; and One, the Destroyer.

jiv this bhaavai thivai chalaavai jiv hovai furamaan |

He makes things happen according to the Pleasure of His Will. Such is His Celestial Order.

ouhu vaekhai ounaa nadhar n aavai bahuthaa eaehu viddaan |

He watches over all, but none see Him. How wonderful this is!

aadhaes thisai aadhaes |

I bow to Him, I humbly bow.

aadh aneel anaadh anaahath jug jug eaeko vaes |30|

The Primal One, the Pure Light, without beginning, without end. Throughout all the ages, He is One and the Same. ||30||

according to hindu myth dere are three gods which are born from some mata (kali aur durga) but GURU JI clearly states dat everything is in WAHEGURU JIS HUKAM.

SAHIB SRI GURU GOBIND SINGH JI MAHARAAJ in CHAUPAI SAHIB SAYS

mehaadhaev ko kehath sadhaa siv |nirankaar kaa cheenath nehi bhiv |6|

He continues calling Shiva as the Eternal God. But he does not know the secrets of the Formless God.

so it is clear mahesh was just a mahadev not SHIV JI (AKALPURAKH JI)

bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh