Celebrating British Sikhs !

kauragours

".....glittering and star studded ceremony including a mocktail reception followed by a delightful four course vegetarian banquet with outstanding entertainment for your pleasure."

I think they may end up confusing the prabhandak committees of Ramgharia (B'ham, Cov, Small Heath, Leicester, Woolwich)/Grays/Sunderland/Hudersfield Gurdwaras when they serve the "mocktails" and vegetarian food... Not sure if some of our prabhandaks know what a non-alcoholic drink tastes like...

On a serious note, I really hope these awards are not just used as tool to self-promote the selected few...and genuinely push foward the raw talent we have hidden in our community!

Do you think that that kind of thing is restricted to 'Ramgarhias' Pyara?

Ofcourse not. But out of the 15 Gurdwara linked party halls being run in the UK, 7 are run by Ramgharia labelled committees.... I therefore use the real numbers to generalise my statements...

My apologies for going off-topic.

Ofcourse not. But out of the 15 Gurdwara linked party halls being run in the UK, 7 are run by Ramgharia labelled committees.... I therefore use the real numbers to generalise my statements...

My apologies for going off-topic.

I hear what you're saying but the way you seem to have specifically mentioned 'Ramgarhias' in your post without alluding to the other people running party halls seems to suggest some internalised enmity towards them, whether conscious or subconscious?

As a suggestion, be careful that you don't instill caste based nufrat in yourself in the process. Then you'll become yet another part of the problem instead of the solution in the UK.

I hear what you're saying but the way you seem to have specifically mentioned 'Ramgarhias' in your post without alluding to the other people running party halls seems to suggest some internalised enmity towards them, whether conscious or subconscious?

As a suggestion, be careful that you don't instill caste based nufrat in yourself in the process. Then you'll become yet another part of the problem instead of the solution in the UK.

Taken your point on board....

does anyone know how to get tickets? i really would like to attend and i've tried the number but its always busy- I've done a bit of research and the categories for the awards are wide and varied:

5.jpgSikhs in Business<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">For the organisation that can best demonstrate how it has improved, made exceptional financial returns, shown strong growth and innovative strategies, plus demonstrate market leadership in its sector or an individual with a proven track record of management of a successful business or businesses. This award also incorporates young individuals who can best demonstrate exceptional vision.

<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">arrow.gif Sikhs in Education<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">For any Sikh educational establishment that is taking a strategic approach to recognising and developing talent and skills within the community. Alternatively, for a teacher or individual who has successfully benefited the society and achieved a positive impact within the community.

<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">arrow.gifSikhs and Charities<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">For the organisation, association, charity or society which can best demonstrate that it has the community at heart and has had a positive impact whilst improving the health and wellbeing of Sikhs.

<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">arrow.gifSikhs in Sports<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">For an individual that has made a significant contribution to the British sports industry whilst promoting their Sikh Identity.

<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">arrow.gifSikhs in Media<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">For an individual or organisation that has made a substantial positive impact within Britain’s media industry.

<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">arrow.gifSikhs in Entertainment<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">For an individual or organisation that has made a significant contribution to the UK’s entertainment industry.

<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">arrow.gifSikhs and Seva<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">For an organisation who have shown their contribution to society through means of Seva. Or for an outstanding individual who has most excellently demonstrated exceptional leadership and vision.

<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">arrow.gifSikh Lifetime Achievement<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">For a Sikh who has made a significant contribution to Sikhism on a global scale, an individual based in the community who has successfully collaborated with businesses to benefit the Sikh Dharam and achieve a positive impact on society including progressing Sikhism to higher levels.

I'd love to attend and support this, we all should- not often Sikhs get the recognition for all the good we do- also its nice not to be criticizing for once. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif