Marriage And Surnames

simi100

Thank you guys. Im not sure whats going to happen he said hes going to go to the gurdwara and ask if this is an issue. His grandma and his mum have an issue with this and there are very set in their ways. I dont know how we are going to convince them that this is ok. Maybe it wasnt meant to be :-(

Here is what I would suggest. In the paavan pavittar hajooree of Sahib Siri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj, the boy, girl, and their family members should do paath. I don't know what Bani you guys might want to do. If its a smaller one like Japji Sahib or Chaupai Sahib, do 5 paaths. If its Sukhmani Sahib, do one. I am not too sure. Have a degh of karah parshad as well. Do an Ardas and take Hukamnama and then distribute karah parshad. Whatever the Hukamnama comes out, accept that as Gurujee's Hukam. Remember, the condition is that you HAVE TO abide by the Hukamnama at ANY cost, even if it means going against your family, or even if it means going against your heart.