Is it ok to take of gatra?

natsilah jee,

wearing 5 kakkars at all times is a requirement of all sikhs. This is something that is non negotiable and is at the very core or foundation of our religion. calling it a "very strict" view is highly offensive. there is no sikh that beleives it is an option (unless they are those that refuse to be baptised).

regarding intimate relations, as far as I have heard, kashera is wrapped around the leg and kirpan around dastar. But i wouldnt know.

some singhs keep a maryada that as long as you're seperated from your kakaar you won't eat or drink anything, and as a gesture of your pyaar and shardaa from your heart you should do some paath while you're seperated from your body part to keep your mind on your guru and your responsibilities - lots of singhs do jap ji sahib if they even drop their kangaa

Guest mehtab
some singhs keep a maryada that as long as you're seperated from your kakaar you won't eat or drink anything, and as a gesture of your pyaar and shardaa from your heart you should do some paath while you're seperated from your body part to keep your mind on your guru and your responsibilities - lots of singhs do jap ji sahib if they even drop their kangaa

So that means if one was to board a plane and had to take off kirpan, you can't eat/drink as long as you do ardas and apologize? And have to keep doing some simran as long as you can all that while? Like moolmantar, or Waheguru, or Chaupai Sahib? And if one of the kakaars come off (like kanga) by mistake, you recite one paath of Japuji Sahib and do ardas and apologize? Please specify! :wub:

mehtab singh veerjee just from reading your posts on the forum i know you have pyaar and shardhaa.. of course maryada and rehit, dharam and rules are definately important ---- without them we can't call ourselves Sikhs. in fact i can't call myself a Sikh because I don't follow Guru Ram Das Jee's initial maryada of waking in the ambrosial hours of the morning to do naam abhyaas.

but all maryada, all rehit should be inspired by innocent love and in this love there should be a nirmal bhau (unstained respectful fear not like fear of a monster but fear of your parents - a respectful love fear).